Transferring Homeseer to New Computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transferring Homeseer to New Computer

I'm thinking of moving Homeseer to a new better computer. Are there Instructiions anywhere on how to do this? Do I download homeseer on the new computer. Do I use the same serial number I used in the old computer? How do I transfer my data to the new computer.

Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Here's what I did when I upgraded my computer.
    - Backup entire HS directory.
    - Installed HS 1.6 from http://www.homeseer.com/download.htm#hs_download

- I then overwrote the scripts directory with mine
    - I overwrote the html directory with mine.
    - I moved my "myhome.xml" file to the config directory.
    - I moved in other directories that I set up for th web pages and etc.
    - I moved in my device_state.txt and then fired up HS.
    It starts up with the delivered sample.xml file so I switched to mine.
    - I then loaded the new AT&T voices and I'm back

Then run the updater to upgrade to whatever version of the programs/plugins/scripts you were using on the old system. But I would to one upgrade at a time incase a problem comes up you will know what caused it.

Comment

Thanks for your help Sonypoolplr.

I'm not sure what "myhome.xml" file refers to. I don't seem to have such a file in my Homeseer directory.

Comment

it's probably called sample.xml (or samples.xml , forgot the default name)
        HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
        (aka xplosiv)
        Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

Comment

Do scripts like Doomotion and Media Player need to be reinstalled when going through this process? It seems that these are missing while other scripts got transferred OK.

Thanks.

Comment

RBC,
            Do these plugin you mention show up in your View > Options > Interfaces section of the form? If not they may have to be re-added.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I had already purchased Media Player while on my old computer. Now it's asking me to purchase it again. How do I get it installed in the new computer without having to go through the purchase process again?

Comment

P.S. Same problem with Doomotion.

Comment

RBC,
                  Did you keep your licenses from you previous installs? If not I'm sure Karen at HST can provide you with the licenses. I would suggest filing a help request and select critical as the type.

http://homeseer.com/cgi-bin/helpdesk/pdesk.cgi?do=main

Comment

I do have the licence # from the original purchases. But how do I use them on the new computer? Do I go through the process as though I'm purchasing them for the first time? i.e. fill out forms, name, address etc.or is there an easier way?

Thanks.

Comment

View > Options > Interfaces. Highlight the interface in question and the license option should highlight. Click on the license button and enter the license code.

Comment

Hi RBC and Rupp,

I have just done what you are refering to RBC, using the "copy and paste" method and it worked fine. The problem I had was I had lost the HSP and DM registration codes.

After raising a help desk ticket Karen e-mailed me, very quickly, the registration codes.

So Rupp the answer is Yes, if you can provide enough information as to purchase.

Thanks Karen for being as efficient as ever.

Gogs.
                        sigpic
                        A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

gogs-
                          all you did was copy the homeseer directory from one machine to the other?

No reinstall?

I've been thinking of upgrading and am simply afraid of having to do any reinstallation work.
                          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                          Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                          weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Hi wpiman,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> all you did was copy the homeseer directory from one machine to the other?

No reinstall?

I've been thinking of upgrading and am simply afraid of having to do any reinstallation work. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I re-installed HS, DM etc. up to theversion I was running so as to get the reg entries, then just pasted the old files into the folder overwriting everything that was already there.

The only problem I had was I forgot to copy the ini file for HS as this was in a different directory, and had lost the reg codes for HSP and DM.

Don't worry about re-installing, it's quick and simple - also removes a lot of crap from the system!

Gogs.
                            sigpic
                            A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

How about my VR profile? I have trained and trained and trained! Can this be copied too somehow?

Grtz,
                              Dutch

Comment

Working...
                              X