X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rick Tinker
    replied
    Kevin,

The SetVolume command is going to change the audio device that you set HomeSeer to for TTS.

The volume control/mixer app that you see when you double-click the speaker icon in your system tray is a Microsoft standard interface, but the changes underneith that are done by your sound board driver. Some sound boards support a master volume, some don't. What SetVolume is going to change is, to the best of my knowledge, the WAV audio volume. Thus, you may need to set and fix your master volume at a particular level and then use SetVolume to change the WAV volume.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    This is the properties of the Nvidia Audio Codec. Notice it is device #6. Help! Which do I use?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    This is the properties of the previous device:
    Is my audio device then Device 5?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Here is a shot from Device Manager. I think the highlighted device is the one I am after:
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic hs.setVolume Puzzling??

hs.setVolume Puzzling??

I am trying to use hs.setVolume in a script to control the volume level of HS announcements.
    My system's motherboard has the built-in Nvidia sound system. I am using hs.setVolume but it is not working. Basically HS receives a numeric value from my Stargate then executes my CID script. I would like to set the volume high for the CID announcements since they have to play over the volume of the phone ringer.

Here is the script:

Sub Main()
    hs.setVolume 20,20,5
    Dim voice
    voice=hs.DeviceValue("\17)")

If voice = 1 then
    hs.speak "Kevin's - Cell is Calling"
    End if

If voice = 2 then
    hs.speak "Christina's - Cell is Calling"
    End if

If voice = 3 then
    hs.speak "Your Parents Are Calling"
    End if

If voice = 4 then
    hs.speak "Kevin's - Work Is Calling"
    End if

If voice = 5 then
    hs.speak "Friends Are Calling"
    End if

If voice = 6 then
    hs.speak "Parents Are Calling"
    End if

hs.setVolume 5,5,5
    End Sub

Now, I have read through previous threads about this. If I manually change the WAV volume this does effect the announcement level. I am pretty sure I need to control the Master Volume. I have a specific question about the 'device' variable of the hs.setVolume. How do I determine which audio Device my Nvidia audio device is?

The first pic is of my Sound and Audio Devices Properties. As you can see, only one audio device here:

Sound Device 1
    Attached Files
Working...
X