Remote desktop question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote desktop question

Having not used Remote desktop I have a question. When you are "remoted in" can you still use the machine that you are remoted into? I use netmeeting and when I netmeeting in it "locks" the machine and it can't be used while in a "meeting".
    -Rupp
    sigpic

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rupp:
    Having not used Remote desktop I have a question. When you are "remoted in" can you still use the machine that you are remoted into? I use netmeeting and when I netmeeting in it "locks" the machine and it can't be used while in a "meeting". <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rupp, I think you`ll find its the same ie it locks u out.. I use a programme called remote anything, IMO its great, it even works through firewalls I use it to remote admin a few pc`s rather than drive miles to press 2 keys.

Comment

TrOjAn,
      I'm perfectly happy with Netmeeting. The only reason I asked was a lot of guys are using the airpanels and I was curious if the Remote desktop option was worth locking out the PC. I think one of the various tablet PC's are a better choice. Thanks for the reply.
      -Rupp
      sigpic

Comment

With xppro sp2 beta and an older sp2 release file, you can get 2 rdp sessions and the console. Look for some posts on this on cinemaronline's forum. KWood I believe was the poster with all the details.

Comment

Rupp, think i went off on a different tangent there thought you were after a proggy. My mistake, too many beers

Comment

No TrOjAn, you gave me the answer I was after. Thanks. Greg
            -Rupp
            sigpic

Comment

Rupp,

With RDP on win server 2003 hosting 5 sessions and pro hosting 2, I think you will find airpanels are a much cheaper alternative than tablets.

I currently use both in my system. I spent around $2k for my tablet and only $500 for my airpanel. Even if I include a PC with pro (roughly $600) it is still cheaper.

I also like the fact that the airpanel is instant on, with zero noise. This makes it a great bedroom device.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my tablet, but they each have their own place.

Comment

Hanfseer,
                I do not use Remote Desktop so can you give me a bit of information? In the screen shot you posted. Did you simply login to your HS PC and then launch a browser and put it in full screen mode?

Also did you Airpanel come with a stand?

TIA Greg
                -Rupp
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X