AK Scripts Rich`s updated version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AK Scripts Rich`s updated version

Just been playing with Rich`s "updated" version and have came across a snag.
    Me:
    "in 10 seconds turn on livingroom light for 20 seconds"
    HS:
    "executing in 10 seconds turn on livingroom light for 20 seconds"
    HS: "
    do you want me to turn on livingroom light in 10 seconds for 20 seconds?"
    Me:
    Yes

And then it just hangs, I get no further reply, the VR is working fine, all recognised but for some reason it is waiting for me to confirm the event / action but never gets it. I have ALL confirmations turned OFF in HS and HSP for this test.

Any ideas?

Check your log and see if there are any error messages.

-Rich
    website | buy now | support | youtube

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rich Helmke (HomeSeer Tech):
      Check your log and see if there are any error messages.

-Rich <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Re: AK Scripts, there NO error on the log, it just states event trigger External Trigger (Event On/Off 1), in the status bar it says, Scripts running: ak_eventscript_onoff.txt Not Listening (control-L to listen)

Comment

Was there a followup? I know I mailed Rich as I was having prblems, all sorted now

Still geting this problem, anyone else using AK Scripts that are working with HS 1.7.0.9?

Comment

TrOjAn
          I had problems with these scripts and opened an incident on the HomeSeer helpdesk in May, but I haven't received any response. It appears that the event gets created, but the timing is off so the execution time is passed before the event is created? I have a topic open on the Released versions section with more info.

Comment

Gardner,
            Rich fixed the script. Here it is:

http://ubb.homeseer.com/eve/ubb.x?a=...73&m=236109395
            -Rupp
            sigpic

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rupp:
              Gardner,
              Rich fixed the script. Here it is:

http://ubb.homeseer.com/eve/ubb.x?a=...73&m=236109395 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed Rich did, and that leads to the start of this thread, OMG, have we started an infinite loop?

As of this time, I am still having the same problem, after computer asks for conformation it just hangs with the "Scripts running: ak_eventscript_onoff.txt Not Listening (control-L to listen)" in the status bar which NEVER goes away until after a HS restart.

It appears to not get the "YES" it requires to continue and then just loops.

Comment

TrOjAn,
                I loaded the current scripts and updated to the current HomeSeer and I had the same problem. I added 'system.startlisten' just after the voice commands were added in the AskYesNo Function and it worked fine.

Function AskYesNo(YesNoString)

system.speak "Shall I " & YesNoString & "?", TRUE
                system.LastVoiceCommand=""
                system.AddVoiceCommand "please"
                system.AddVoiceCommand "yes"
                system.AddVoiceCommand "no"
                system.startlisten

do
                yesno = system.LastVoiceCommand
                if yesno &lt;&gt; "" then exit do
                hs.WaitEvents

loop

if yesno = "yes" or yesno = "please" then
                AskYesNo = YesNoString
                else
                AskYesNo = -1
                end if

end Function

Comment

Shame, tried that.. still the same. so I`m still looking for an answer but thanks for the effort.

TrOjAn

Comment

Hehe... tried it AFTER I posted....sorry.

Comment

I am using the phone, so I didn't try from the mike. For the phone I used system. rather than hs. , so perhaps that is why it worked for me and not you?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gardner:
                        I am using the phone, so I didn't try from the mike. For the phone I used system. rather than hs. , so perhaps that is why it worked for me and not you? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gardner, I inserted system.startlisten where it was said to go, but it still seems to be waiting for the Yes or No , the status bar shows that the AK script s still running, it never seems to stop.

I too ONLY use the internal phone, it does recognise the instructions but when it asks me to confirm it then just hangs.

UPDATE

Sorted I didnt realise yu changed all the hs. to system.

On your later post I realised what you had done, and blow me down with a little feather it works!!

Most excellent bug tracking my friend, THANKYOU!!

TrOjAn

Comment

TrOjAn

Could you please post the modified script. What I changed did not work....

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Skibum:
                            TrOjAn

Could you please post the modified script. What I changed did not work.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, here it is, this one WORKS for me! I have only edited it as per Gardners guidance.
                            This is the newest version, it has JohnWPB`s added speedup tweak which DOES work

I have merly collated the additions here, all work is by Alexx kurts original script with Rich the techy @ HS`s modification plus Gardner`s hanging FIX and JohnWPB`s speedup tweak.

I hope this does not offend anyone by me taking this script along as I really like it and think its worth getting to work

ATTATCHMENT REMOVED TO AVOID CONFUSION

Comment

I just just playing around with the script and can not get the delay event to work either. I changed the line above to system.startlisten and that did not help. When it asks for confirmation, it ignores any speech after that completely.

I did find a way to speed up the response time to ALMOST live. When a command was given, it would tell you what it was going to do, then after it completely stoped speaking, there was a few second delay before the command was actually executed. This script is pretty complex, and not well doccumented, so I simply added a new command where I knew it would work

Look for the line"
                              'msgbox OnOff

If you place the following line RIGHT after that line the response will be MUCH faster. In fact the device will turn on/off at about the same time HS starts confirming your command.

It should look like this:
                              'msgbox OnOff
                              hs.execx10 DevCode,OnOff,0

Hope this helps with the delay at least, As for the VR hanging after asking "shall I whatever in so much time", I have NEVER had any luck successfully implementing VR commands within a script. When I try, the status bar in HS goes crazy with listening, not listening, paused, listening, not listening and just ends up most of the time not listening to commands and the script hanging up the system awaiting a command that it refused to listen for
                              Visit My Home Seer Site at:
                              www.JohnWPB.com
                              Created with LCARS

Comment

Working...
                              X