Question on CM11A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on CM11A

Hi all This may be a dumb question, but please bear with me.

I'm a newbie to this area, and just bought a CM12U (european version of CM11A). There is a socket on this CM12U, so how can it be used??

I tried plugging in my phone charger on this socket, but it will turn off the charger after a short while. Is this socket on the CM12U a physical X10 appliance module too? If so, how do I control it in HS?

Thanks in advance for all of your help

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Yellobie:
    Hi all This may be a dumb question, but please bear with me.

I'm a newbie to this area, and just bought a CM12U (european version of CM11A). There is a socket on this CM12U, so how can it be used??

I tried plugging in my phone charger on this socket, but it will turn off the charger after a short while. Is this socket on the CM12U a physical X10 appliance module too? If so, how do I control it in HS?

Thanks in advance for all of your help <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you mean the MAINS plug socket on the front of it? if so it can be used as a normal socket, its just a through socket.
    It is NOT controlled by anything, it is NOT a switched socket, it just allows Homeseer to send signalsto other x10 units via your house mains system.

TrOjAn

Comment

First: the CM12U is one of the European versions: the one with the UK plug type. There is also a CM12G with the bordergrounding as used in Germany, the Netherlands etc and the CM12F with the pingrounding used in France, Belgium and many other countries.

Now back to your original question: the socket you are referring to is probably an RJ11 jacket. This jacket is mostly found as a telephone connector in most European countries. It is placed on top op the CM12U/CM12F/CM12G. In this case, however, it is used to connect the CM12x to the COM-port of any computer.

You should have recieved with your CM12U a cable with a RJ11-jacket on one site and a (female) COM-port plug on the other side.

Regards,

Richard

Comment

Richard,
        Will you guys phone chargers go into the RJ11 plug? I think TrOjAn nailed it.
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all your information

As for what TrOjAn had said, I have tried to use it as a normal plug, but somehow the electricity got cut in less than a min.

I have tried phone charger and my PocketPC charger. Both are working normally, but just cant work when plug into CM12U socket. Something wrong with my CM12U unit??

Help greatly appreciated *bow*

Comment

Working...
          X