My computer is beeping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My computer is beeping

It seems that my PC is beeping whenever I am not near it. I will be upstairs and I will here sometime a single beep- sometime two consecutive ones. I am running 2000 advanced server and check the event logs and don't see anything there. Homeseer doesn't seem to show anything either. I run my-ip.com and don't seem to see any error either.

Have homeseer 1.7.8- HSP 2.0.170- touchpad- HSTV (still working this one)- network monitor- napco plugin- mcsaudrey plugin---

Anyone lend a clue where to look? I have been thinking of getting a new drive that is larger and cutting to XP Pro. Might be a good reason.
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Read this thread:

http://ubb.homeseer.com/eve/ubb.x?a=...74&m=935108245
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

If you have a UPS, make sure it's not the UPS beeping rather than the computer!

Comment

It is definitely the PC. It is the windows chime I believe. I checked that thread- nothing in there that jumped out at me. People seemed to have it when running a script- don't believe that I did. Not even sure it is HS.

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

Are you sure it is not Windows Update letting you know something is available?

Comment

wpiman,
            Most have found out that it has something to do with their screen saver and windows power management turning off their monitor.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp- gave that a shot after reading that thread. No screen saver- no power management. I give it a double check. Maybe I missed one.

I suspected that cause it would do it when I was away- but not when I was around.

Windows updater- I will look- but don't remember seeing that icon anywhere.

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

Actually the windows updater dosent make a "beeping" sound. It is more like the sound the Donkey in Shrek 2 makes when in the back seat of the carriage LOL!
                Visit My Home Seer Site at:
                www.JohnWPB.com
                Created with LCARS

Comment

Well- after I see the movie on Friday I will be able to tell you if that is what I got. :-)

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

I did not notice such sounds until I read this topic . In my case, it appears that the computer makes a "donk" while monitor is in power management otherwise the computer makes a "ding".
                    Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                    My Hardware & Software

Comment

You know, it could be that our machines are beginning to show signs of sentient life!

Comment

Question----

How many of you are running VNC who are seeing this ding?

Like you Jim- I think I have the dink- not the donk.

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

wpiman,

I am running VNC on my HS box. I, too, am experiencing the "ding" sound. I checked the "Sounds" in Control Panel and VNC was assigned the "ding", so I set it to "None". Stupid system is still "dinging". Haven't had much time lately to investigate more. Been working on other peoples 'puters.

Chuck

Comment

Try quitting VNC all together and see if that helps. I did that and havent noticed it since- although I admit I haven't spent that much time on it.

I created a HS launch VNC server event that I can hit from the webpage so that it isn't really a problem not to run it.

I am wondering if VNC and the screensaver thing are related. Both deal with the display somehow.

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

Sorry, but I DO run VNC and I have my monitor shut down after 20 minutes, and I have NO ding.

Comment

Working...
                              X