Rain8 X10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain8 X10

does the rain8 X10 device talk two way X10. ie. will it send a status of its current zone etc back to homeseer ?

I don't believe the x10 version does. the Beta Serial one does though. I also don't think the new wireless one is 2 way either.

also, the X10 version can run only one zone at a time. this can be considered a pro, or a con, depending on what you are using it for. the wireless and serial can run up to 4 relays on at once.

Comment

Thanks.

The X10 device does have a two way X10 adaptor but i guess the rain8 only reads from it.

Comment

I use the X10 Rain8. It is not two-way. When I first got mine, I inquired about the possibility of making it two-way. The reason I was interested in this is because I use the automatic modes and I would like for the Rain8 to transmit the zone that is active when it changes zones. Warren Lohoff said he would investigate what would be involved in making it two-way but I've not heard anything more about it (nor have I followed up with Warren about it).

There is a version of the X10 Rain8, called Rain8X, that will run up to 4 zones at one time.

Comment

Working...
        X