Menu Items on Toolbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Menu Items on Toolbar

After having installed many plug-ins , I've noticed they do not all show up on the toolbar in HS.
    Is there any way to change the sttings in HS or the config file to allow 2 lines of toolbar?
    Thanks
    jjsmd@yahoo.com

Does anyone know if any of the settings in the config file determines the number of menu items in the HS toolbar?

Joe
    jjsmd@yahoo.com

Comment

How many do you have?

-Tom
      -Tom

Visit Kernhome
      Kern Theater Gallery

(User: guest / Pass: guest)

Comment

Actually that is the menu bar, the tool bar is below it, I don't think that is available to plug-ins (although that would be a nice feature).

Some plug-ins do not have a menu bar interface, and some it is an option but is disabled by default.

But I have seen plug-ins not show up when they should. I reported this some time ago and never heard anything more about it. I am using mcsMenu to help control what is and is not on the menu bar. But even then only 7 plug-ins will display and the rest will not display. And not all plug-ins can be managed by mcsMenu. So I think now I have a couple of plug-ins that should be on the menu bar that are not. And it isn't mcsMenu, this was happening before I started using it (mostly because of this problem). I have 22 plug-ins, but not all them have menus.

Bill

Comment

I think I've run into the same problem...
          Eight plugin menus show to the right of the Help menu in the HS GUI. That seems to be the limit because I've installed additional plugins that say "go to the drop down menu and configure this and that". Only problem is, there is NO menu. Moreover, when I go to View, Options, Interfaces, Plug-Ins, Setup, not all configuration stuff is listed there. So without access to the GUI menu listing for the Plug-In, your SOL.

I think I read where mcsMenu may allow many plugin menues to be grouped as one. I'll give that a shot and report results here.

Comment

Here is an advanced HomeSeer tweak. All usual warnings and implications apply.

Shut down HomeSeer and the look for the io_interfaces entry in the settings.ini file. Put the most important plug-ins first and their menus will show. Be careful! If you mistype an entry, the plug-in will not work. Restart HomeSeer.
            Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
            My Hardware & Software

Comment

I've got about 15 plugins installed and all are visable via mcsMenu. Attached is my misc group.

Bill, Which plugins were you not able to manage via mcsMenu?
              Attached Files

Comment

Thank you all for all your replies.

I have used the mcsMenu plugin and it works fine and corrects my problem

Thanks
                jjsmd@yahoo.com

Comment

Jim,

That is what I have done, and it is important to be careful, I found that out the hard way

Michael,

It is the menu search that does not work with several plug-ins, DooMotion, StarGate, W800, Super Trigger. Some of those plug-ins crash when doing a menu search. But I have not had a problem with the .ConfigIO on any plug-in.

Bill

Comment

Working...
                  X