What is the best IR device to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the best IR device to use?

I am looking for the best supported IR interface for HomeSeer, and one for which discrete IR codes are readily available for new devices.

I currently have a Slink-e as well as a Smartlinc Houselinc. The Houselinc needs to have a custom chip burned every time I need to add a new device not already pre-installed and I have trouble finding dicrete codes for the Slink-e. Many of my components have discrete codes that the remote does not generate. I find the codes available on remotecentral.com for a number of remotes, but not for the slink-e.

What do you recommend?

Does the Slink-e allow you to edit/copy/paste raw IR hex codes?

That's really what you need - then you could take the discretes and just paste them raw into Slink-e; otherwise I think you'd need a remote that will let you import them and/or edit them, and then use this remote to learn the commands into the Slink-e.

FWIW, I am using Pronto's to control everything in my house. I have a JDS Stargate with IR, so that's what really processes stuff, then into HS via the JDS plugin.

(This assumes you want IR control for scripts, lighting, and conversion to non-ir devices; otherwise all you need is an IR backbone to distribute the IR throughout the house and into whatever component(s) you ned to control)

Hope this helps...
    Jcd

Comment

Ocelot. It has 2 plugins for HomeSeer integration and allows the learning of new remotes as well as the loading of discretes if you have the knowledge on the creation. It's highly supported and as stable as any piece of hardware I have ever owned.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
      X