No announcement yet.

Robomow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a robomower rep come out to my house and he said it would not do my hills on my walk out basement lot.

I bought a big john deere and will use it for snow blowing as well. Got a trailer for it to haul rocks and other landscaping.

I do have a roomba however. Works very well. We have two cocker spaniel dogs in show coat. Lots of hair. We have this run in the evening. The auto recharge would be nice, but the roomba was $200 bucks...not 1800!! I could buy several roombas and not need to recharge hehe

Comment

They just came out with a new Roomba. It will return and recharge itself after cleaning, plus some other added features. It also comes in two colors, and if you order one now they include a Roomba "original" refresh kit that includes brushes and a new battery at no additional cost. I am tempted, its only $249. New Roomba

Bill

Comment

Durn you Bill....

This forum is way too expensive to read...touchscreen, ocelot, w800 AND NOW A VACUUM CLEANER?

Seriously, that looks like a big improvement over the old roombas. Glad I waited. I assume it still has a problem w/ cables though.

Questions:

1. I see it has a remote. Does anyone know if it is RF or IR? RF would make a more sense. Maybe we could interface w/ HS via ocelot or W800? "vacuum the house everyday at 2pm."

2. It says "pre-order". I wonder when the ship date is?

The link you provided looks like a good deal w/the refresh kit. Probably the best you can get other than used on ebay.

Thanks for the post.

GLT

Comment

Well, everyone is right.A robomower is not for everybody or for everyones particular yard or purpose. I have one and love it.. it works well for me and my situations.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by William Brower:
            <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by djanse:
            Perfect...where do I get one. Preferably without the horns. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

eBay, suggest you use overnight shipping though. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Done tried that, but the seller insists that I hand carry it home. No overnight shipping allowed.

Comment

Working...
            X