Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Failsafe Dialup if Broadband fails util?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failsafe Dialup if Broadband fails util?

OT: But I'm wondering if one of you clever guys can recommend a good (and free) utility that will:

-Detect if a DSL connection is lost and
    -create a dialup (DUN) connection ASAP

TIA!

Telop,
    I don't know of a program but you should be able to do this using HS. Create an even that reoccurs every X number of minutes. Have this event run a script that pings your router or your ipaddress. If it can not reach it X number of times have another event dial your dialup account (tab on event).
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

What OS are you running?

As I thought that was automatic is most Windoze releases... as long as you already have the dialup connections setup and set to auto-dial and not ask questions it should just dial up if it can't get out over DSL.

Comment

Indeed XP will do this.

Comment

thanks guys, I should have been clearer: It actually running Win98 (LOL).. It's for a client that uses it as a 'backoffice' computer to do web based credit card authorizations. Thus I'd like an automatic solution (3rd party) rather than relying on anything from Redmond.

Comment

Hold the phone. The Dlink DI-714 wireless router has this ability built in. See this site for a picture:
            http://www.homenethelp.com/web/review/dlink-di-714.asp
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

My Asante router can fall back to modem also. I have never tried it as my DSL connection has been very reliable for years.
              http://www.asante.com/index.html

Comment

Working...
              X