Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeSeer Integration with Windows XP Media Center Edition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer Integration with Windows XP Media Center Edition?

I saw an article from January where the HomeSeer folks were demoing there "plug-in" to Windows XP Media Center Edition. Did this ever release? If not, does anyone know when it's planned to release?

yeah , I would like an update as well, considering I am about to build my second MCE machine
    HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
    (aka xplosiv)
    Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

Comment

Its close, should have a beta real soon.

-Rich
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

cool, let me know if I can help with anything, thanks for the update!
        HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
        (aka xplosiv)

Comment

I am considering building a home theater PC for the family room. And of course I will also use it as an interface to HomeSeer. However, I was planning on using XP Pro for the OS because I was under the understanding that Windows Media Center Edition was available only to Microsoft-approved manufacturers. They make it sound like MCE is too difficult for mere humans to handle.

Can I get my hands on MCE? And if I could get it, is it really beyond the ability of your average PC user to get it running with a decent home-built PC.

Mark
          Mark

Comment

Here is a forum dedicated to MCE.

http://www.xpmce.com/forum/
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone
            My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
            Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Mark,
              It mostly due to the hardware software conflicts and the lack there of when they have strict requirements as to what will work with the software. If they ship the hardware and software that play well together then it's a lot less headaches for them in the support arena.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

You can get MCE (the only legal way) if you have access to MSDN or buy the machine. MCE 2004 is based on XP Pro with Sp1, and you have to have hardware which is compatible (such as a PVR series tv tuner).

Rupp is indeed correct that MS is only allowing MCE to be sold with approved hardware only (might change tho) to avoid support headaches (you will be able to figure out how to install it, but it takes some tuning). Also don't forget you will need an mpeg2 codec such as nVidia's nvdvd software (which isn't free). There are some other codecs out there which tend to come with the dvd player software included with dvd-rom's, but they tend to be of a lesser quality.

Don't forget to check out http://www.thegreenbutton.com or if you have more htpc questions, you are more than welcome to post them on the site in my sig
                (aka xplosiv)

Comment

The rumor I heard was that the next version of MCE would be more widely available (maybe not end user yet). I'm not really sure what that means.

Comment

Or, use MainLobby suite for your media purposes and use best of breed software for codecs / players / scalers.
                    Not to mention 2 way HS integration.

Comment

What's soon? Days, weeks, or months?

Please let me know if you'd like me to beta test.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rich Helmke (HomeSeer Tech):
                      Its close, should have a beta real soon.

-Rich <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

Working...
                      X