att voices not installing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

att voices not installing

anyone know why i would be getting this box on install of the att natural voices

"The operating system is not adequate for running ATT Labs Natural voices Desktop 1.3

i am installing on a 2003 server
    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

It's just a guess, but I would say it was written to not be installed on server platforms.
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

They installed fine on my W2K server. Don't know about W2K3. Although I have other software that installed and has been fine on W2K Server but won't install or run on my new W2K3 server.

The Pod

Comment

Collegeboyslive,

I've been running the AT&T voices & HS on 2003 Server for around a year now and it's been very reliable.

Try doing a search for "Orca" on the HS message board, it's a tool from Microsoft that will allow you to modify the install (.msi) file so it will work with 2003.

I also remember the mdac error you are recieving and think is was a matter of not installing a component that was already included with 2003.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but I found answers to both these problems on the board previously so I think some extra searching will provide the detail you need to get it working.

If you can find the thread that details how to use Orca, but can't find a source to download let me know and I'll try to email a copy or drop it on my FTP for you.

Cheers,
        Paul

Click to visit: www.sbsmarthomes.com
        Santa Barbara Smarthomes

Authorized Russound Dealer & Installer

Personal HA Website

HomeSeer User Profile

Comment

thanks i have homeseer installed just workinbg on the voices

i will do a search or Orca

thanks
          detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

thanks , i found though the boards a program to open then repackage the .msi. removing the system check line worked great.

Comment

Working...
            X