Lost my internal ipaddress ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost my internal ipaddress ?

I came home tonight and attempted to connect to my HS server and couldn't connect. After investigating I found that my ipaddress on my hs server is no longer 192.168 but 219.156 etc. I tried to do an ipconfig /release /all and then an ipconfig /renew but it will not grab a new internal address. Any suggestions.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Rupp;

Try This;

1. Change out computer net card - I have had them go bad
    2. Assuming that your network IP assignment is via your router, did the config change?
    3. Did you have a full or partial power failure? Boot sequence of connected equipment may have grabbed your static IP assigned to your HS server. Turn everything off, restart the router and sequentially boot connected devices.
    A 219... address indicates that nothing is serving your IP's or the IP is a duplicate and already assigned. Your router may have been hit by hacking or hardware issues.

Hope this provides some ideas. I would work the router first then move to the server LAN card. Try not to kill your settings on your server, as this is most likly not your problem.

Let me know how you make out. I am a bit out of touch for the next 5 days, but will check in when I can get connected.

Comment

Update: ...
      I can connect just fine from all of my wireless connections. The computers that are hardwired are no longer communicating with the router? It appears that my router my have gone bad?

Comment

Latest????

I simply walked away and now the messages about Network Cable Unplugged have stopped and my hardwired pcs are back on line? This certianly has a virus flavor written all over it. I am getting hit by the thousands by:
        69.133.46.203:60724 to UDP port 6000

so it must be a new virus on the loose.

Comment

219.156. is an APNIC address (Asia), if Windows couldn't obtain an ip address or there was another type of ip issue, it would default to a 169.* ip address, so something is definitely going on. Are your pc's connected directly to the internet, or are they back on their internal subnet? Is the router working ok again?
          HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
          (aka xplosiv)
          Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

Comment

Dan,
            As of right now everything seems to be back to normal? I did see s ton of traffic attaching my router and this may or may not had anything to do with it. After reading literally dozens of threads on the Network Cable Unplugged error I was getting it appears that sometimes the PC's need to be shut down and allowed to reset? I did this and it appears to have fixed my problem. Chalk it up to black magic I guess. I ran ad aware and spy bot and found nothing so I'm basically clueless as to what happened.

Comment

The Lovegate virus listens on port 6000, maybe someone thinks you have been infected and wants to connect to you? From Symantec's site:

Contains an incomplete function, which appears to be the start of the Backdoor routine, on port 6000. Due to bugs in the worm, the routine may not properly operate. The routine may cause the file, C:\Netlog.txt, to be created with plain text data.
              |
              | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
              HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

Well it's happening again tonight? Starts around 9:30 each night and clears up aroung 11:00 any suggestions?

Comment

my linksys will log incoming traffic. WIth such, you can look - as you may already have. And make sure the attacker's port number is not being forwarded by your router.

Comment

Run msconfig from your machines and see if there's anything unusual in the startup. Try unchecking everything and see if you still have the problem. Also, just to be safe change your router password just in case someone has gotten into it and is doing strange things to your network.

Comment

Although it would seem you have some type of cable or router/switch problem on your ethernet. I question why you would have your HS Server set to a DHCP address.

Always set servers to a static address. DCHP is for workstations terminals and the like.

i.e. what would you do if your server came up with a diffrent address?

As far as the loss of communications this is somthing else entirely..

Andrew

Comment

Andrew,
                        I installed my router a couple of years ago and was not well versed AT ALL at networking. I got it all set up and haven't changed a thing since. Even though it's set the DHCP it's ipaddress has never changed. Even after power outages so it's really never been that big of a deal. Another reason is I wasn't sure how to have some PCs with static address and others pulling from the routers DHCP server.

When these slow downs occur my wireless connections work perfectly so I wonder if my router is going bad? I'm lost when it comes to networking. I know just enough to be dangerous.

Comment

It is not usual for all the ethernet ports to go bad at the same time.

Have you tried plugging the HS Server into another ethernet port on the router/Switch.

To set a static address on your HS PC first document your ip settings such as DNS Default GW etc. to get this go to a dos prompt and type "ipconfig /all" without the "". then if your DHCP assigned address is say 192.168.1.3 and subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 set your static address to a high number such as 192.168.1.100 the subnet mask, DNS Default gw etc should be set to exactly the same as documented in the ipconfig above. that way no matter what you do you can access your HS PC at address 192.168.1.100

Andrew

Comment

Ok guys. I dropped the network cards setting to 10base and it's now working but why? Why is the network card/router having trouble communicating at the Base speed?

Comment

Not exactly sure if this is it or not but it would at least make sense (to me anyways). If your switch is going out it may not be totally dead yet but on its last leg. 10Mb connections aren't as taxing on a system as 100Mb. If the switch was going out it may be able to handle the lessened work load ok but fritz out when you throw more at it.
                              I'd definitely try throwing a new one in there just to see what happens. Also, when you do put your HS box on a static IP address as there's a good chance it may not pull the same one its been getting because it'll be getting it from a new box.

Comment

Working...
                              X