No announcement yet.

Lost my internal ipaddress ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rupp, settings on the network cards may also include Duplex. Full duplex means the NIC is able to communicate in both directions at once, and the hub/switch must be able to support this as well. Half duplex means only one direction at a time. Check to see if the router ports are able to go 100/full or 100/half, and set your network cards appropriately. 100/full is the best setting, of course.

There are several reasons a system will work at 10baseT instead of 100baseT. You may have a cable or crimp going bad. If you've used the extra 4 wires (two pair) in the cat5 cable for additional network connections or other types of connections, that can cause interference with the network signalling. If the wiring is routed near a strong AC field such as an older florescent light ballast, that can cause problems. A cross-connect/punchdown could be the problem.

I don't know how you are wired, but if it is happening to all your PCs, look for common wiring, wire routing, etc. And of course this could be leading you right back to a bad router or group of ports at the router.

Another thing to check... if you have several wall warts and one is for the router, make sure you haven't mixed them up. A slightly less powerful power supply (amperage) can cause all kinds of issues.

Wishing you luck!
    |
    | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
    HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

Thanks Gordon,
      The router has ran fine for the last 2 years using 100 full but you may be on to something with the interference issue. I have such a "wad" of wires in the floor of my PC that it is a wonder I do not have more problems than I do. The good thing is it's only 3 feet from the problem PC to the router so I'll try a new cable first because the one that came with the router feels cheap. I'll try to move it from the the other mess but at this point that is all but impossible. This is why I'm starting the wiring closet.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Well the saga continues. I looked at my event viewer tonight and I have literally hundreds of:
        <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
        Event Source: PlugPlayManager
        Event ID: 256
        Description: Timed out sending notification of device interface change to window of "'
        </pre>

Some links on Google indicate the security patch MS04-011 (KB835732) released April 2004 may be causing it.
        Anyone else seeing this.

More information:

My event viewer shows hundreds of this message:
        <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
        The system detected that network adapter Linksys LNE100TX(v5) Fast Ethernet Adapter was connected to the network, and has initiated normal operation over the network adapter.
        </pre>

???

Comment

Gordon,
          Any clues on these messages?

Comment

Working...
          X