Remote Desktop question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote Desktop question

I have my HS server automatically logon when it's booted. Tonight I decided to give Remote Desktop a whirl and it works exceptionally well. When I was done I exited and it logged me off/out on my HS PC. First of all I never log off/out. Secondly when I when up stairs to log back on there was only one account to choose from and that was the administrator account. I use an account called Greg Hughes but it wasn't event listed as an account to log back into. So my questions are. Is there a way to prevent RD from logging me out/off and why isn't my Greg Hughes account listed as an option to log back into. TIA
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

create a shortcut, and use this as the target:

%windir%\System32\tscon.exe 0 /dest:console

then just execute the shortcut when you want to disconnect, it will stop you from logging out or screwing with any of the other settings, this is what I use when I RD into my DVR.
    HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
    (aka xplosiv)
    Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

Comment

Hey, that is handy. I had the same annoyance, but I was just living with it.

Jim

Comment

Rupp is venturing away from NetMeeting?!?!?!?!

Hey, this recent thread pretty is much 'everything about RDP but were afraid to ask'.

Cheers, Bill

http://ubb.homeseer.com/eve/ubb.x?a=...0716#706100716

~Bill

Comment

Dan,
          Does the shortcut get executed on the server or the client?
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rupp:
            Dan,
            Does the shortcut get executed on the server or the client? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That shortcut is on the desktop of the remote computer, so the actual disconnect actually originates from the remote computer, not your client computer.

Bill

~Bill

Comment

Working...
            X