Tivo Goes Networked!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tivo Goes Networked!

I just went to Tivo's web site and they have release 4 FANTASTIC New features! They explain in great detail how to network your Tivo to your PC and other Tivo's in the home... NO HACKING REQUIRED!

After your TIVO is networked, you can transfer programs to another Tivo, your PC ect.

You can view photo's from your computer on your TV (With the help of their FREE software)

Play MP3's from your PC through the Tivo (With the free software from Tivo)

and last, byt CERTAINLY not least, you can schedule programs to record on your Tivo from any web browser, on any PC!

Kudo's to Tivo! I was wanting to hack my Tivo for quite some time now. I even purchased a CD off of eBay with all the software needed ect. Now I don't have to bother with switching hard drives, installing images and voiding the warranty.

Just thought I would pass on the information for all of you Tivo owners out there.

And of course, I do not work for Tivo, any of it's affiliates, nor do I have any relatives, close friends, or anybody that I know for that matter that work for them. I do not endorse nor promote the use of the Tivo product. I just use it and love it!
    Visit My Home Seer Site at:
    www.JohnWPB.com
    Created with LCARS

Um, these features have been available for over a year... the only thing new is now they are free (instead of $100). There still is no way to transfer shows to your PC... yet. That feature is coming this fall called "Tivo To Go".
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

..... and for you DirecTivo users, last I checked (about 8 months ago), DirecTV was not offering this enhancement for the DirecTivo.
      I spoke with a customer service rep at that time that said DirecTV doesn't have to offer the same services as Tivo as they are licensing the service from Tivo and can manage it's services separately.

--

Comment

... and for you VCR users out there you can pop that tape into any good VRC and watch away

Oh yea For free.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Almost forget what a VCR looks like!

Comment

Hey JOM me too. I haven't recorded a TV show in over 5 years. With 2 kids(10 and 14) and a BB to keep up with I wouldn't have time to watch it anyway. Plus I just do not enjoy TV that much. I would rather be automating. Hey an idea for a bumper sticker.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

All of those features have been on the Replay box for a long time, and free software (DVArchive) allows you to control the Replay box from your PC and upload/download movies and pictures.

However, owning at least one of each type of PVR I have to say that I am currently more impressed with TiVO's service (e.g. ability to record only first run episodes) and their user interface. I do like Replay's commercial skip (which you cannot get anymore) and the openness of the system.
              Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

It's probably worth mentioning that Snapstream especially combined with the Hauppauge WinTVR-250 and Media MVP also provides some really cool media features

Comment

And Windows Media Center Edition also has these feature and will have a HomeSeer interface soon. No Tivo subsciption required.

Comment

Working...
                  X