Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Routing wires from attic to wiring closet how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rupp,

After you finish running all of your wires through, just make sure to spray that form insullation stuff in the holes. That should seal in very well!
    Martin Custer

Comment

I have to run wires from attic to basement. I plan on running them next to a cast iron stovepipe vent.

There was enough gap for me to run a CAT5 and COAX over a year ago so I hope there is enough room for me to fit another CAT 5 and wires for thermostat so I can finally connect my TXB16 (it's been running in "test mode" for a couple months).

The vent has a couple of batts of insulation around it so all I need to do is place them back when I am done and I won't have to worry about air leaks.
      Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
      My Hardware & Software

Comment

Well I got started today and so far so good. I got my weather server moved and so far all of my one-wire weather devices are working perfectly. I've got my X10 cameras back on line but my pan and tilt is a USB camera and I'm at the limit on the extension cord I'm using on that camera. Routing the wires is going to be easier than I thought. I removed the insulation bat and drilled a hole in the top of the wall plate. I then ran the wires down the edge of the wall. I can then simply replace the insulation bat when I'm finished.
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

Make sure that you take a look at Labor Saving Devices, lots of hints on pulling wires and cool tools!

http://www.lsdinc.com/
          DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
          BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

WOW, that is some good info.
            A Person is Smart. People are Dumb, Panicky Dangerous Animals.
            1,500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was the center of the universe.
            500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat.
            15 minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet.
            Imagine what you’ll know tomorrow.
            TLJ in MIB

Comment

Working...
            X