4 gang KeyPadLincs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 gang KeyPadLincs

The KeyPadLinc manual states that a maximum of 4 KeyPadLincs can be ganged together.

Does anyone know why?

Thanks,

Richard

Heat.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

... any more and they become a public nuisance, tagging walls, cars and hanging out at the local 7-eleven.

(sorry couldn't resist)

Comment

The heat would shorten their life, I guess.

I have a problem with a few of them in several locations where I see corrupt signals (via a TesterLinc). Sometimes they work fine. Onc of the regular "bad" locations is where I have 5 ganged together (I missed the 4 mention in the manual...).

I'm not sure about the corruption which happens about half the time, and causes scenes to malfunction - any thoughts? -

PS: I caught a few returning from a local tavern, jumping back into the wall, late one night ...

Thanks,

Richard

Comment

Richard:

Do you happen to have fluorescent lighting near these switches?
          --------------------------------------------------
          **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

Good thought - yes. There is a set of 6 four foot units in a ceiling cove (indirect lighting). The cove is about 12 feet horizontally from the switches, and 9 feet high. At the first unit that meets the feed wire, I have a Leviton 6287 noise block installed. The fluorescents are on a different breaker.

One other note, there are other KeyPadLincs in the area. One is directly under the lights, and 3 are equidistant in a different direction. I do not have the high rate of corruption from those guys, but they are not perfect either...

Thanks in advance for the help.

Richard

Comment

These KeyPadlinc are 2 way switches and with that comes a significant X10 signal drain. Have you tried a plugin repeater near by?
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Richard:

Do a quick test and turn all of those lights off and see if the problems still exist.
                --------------------------------------------------
                **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

The problems exist whether the fluorescent lights are on or off.

I added in an outlet to the exact circuit that the 5 gang KeyPadLincs are on, and plugged in a BoosterLinc - still have the problems.

The intermittent thing makes me nuts because sometimes all is perfect, the TesterLinc shows "K5"/129, "KOn"/132, and thats it - nice strong signal. Other times I get about a dozen BCY, BBK type "bad" data codes with a reduced signal, and maybe on portion of the command (like a "K5" only) so the scene fails.

I have 5 breaker panels, at them I have (2) ACT CR-234 coupler/repeaters (connected with a CAT5 SCC cable), 2 passive couplers, and an ELK-9100. Recently I recently bought a SignalLinc, and it is not improving anything. As a matter of fact it made things worse in that I started to get repeatd signals being repeated (ping-pongs) - even though the CR234s are dip-swithced not to do that. The SignalLinc is currently unplugged.

Thanks again for all...

Richard

Comment

Working...
                  X