Windows XP SP2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XP SP2?

Is anyone using the new SP2 for Windows XP Pro?

I have heard that it causes some applications to stop working if they are not following the proper security guidelines.

Has anyone had any problems with the SP2 for XP Pro (either with HS or any other piece of software).

I think a lot of people could benefit from any experiences with SP2.

TIA
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

http://ubb.homeseer.com/eve/ubb.x?a=...74&m=156108076
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

I am using SP2 RC1 with out any problems, although I did disable the firewall and virus checking stuff as I have a real firewall between my network and the internet.

Larry.
      -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
      VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
      Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Better not install if you have a crack copy of XP...

~Bill

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by William Brower:
          Better not install if you have a crack copy of XP... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm speaking from experience?? ROFLOL

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TrOjAn:
            <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by William Brower:
            Better not install if you have a crack copy of XP... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm speaking from experience?? ROFLOL <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
            Attached Files

~Bill

Comment

Working...
            X