Homeseer Version 1.7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer Version 1.7?

After downloading Version 1.7 from the updater, I receive the following error when starting Homeseer: Voice Recognition was detected as damaged but has been repaired. Then it says to close Homeseer and reopen to get rid of error message. When I retart Homeseer each time, I still get this error message window, and it is also reported in the log at startup. Any help on this issue would be much appreciated. TIA !!!
    I am running under Windows 2000 Professional.

Rick,
    Do a search for "Voice Recognition was detected as damaged" and you will see Rick and Richs suggested fixes.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,
      I am assuming by Rich's post that you go to the control panel in windows and to the speech icon and select and train a new profile. I did this, and when I restarted Homeseer, I still get the same error message. Do you change the profile in Windows or in Homeseer itself? Thanks Again for your help.

Comment

Rick,
        This was in another thread:

http://www.homeseer.com/cgi-bin/help...view=2&lang=en

Comment

Rupp,
          I just installed Windows 2000 on my system and am trying to get Version 1.7 of Homeseer running. I am assuming that this is the lattest non beta version. Why would we still be seeing this kind of an error. Also, the links that you point to involve messing with the registry and I do not feel comfortable doing that at this time. I was wondering if anyone had this problem and exactly what the fix was without doing alot of experimentation as these links suggest that you do. Thanks again for all your help as usual.

Comment

Rick,

Open a help desk ticket.

Bill

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it. When I was running 1.7.7 I got the same message. But, all my VR stuff still worked. Going back to 1.6.212, it went away.

They'll fix it in a future rev, but other than the error message, I don't think anything is really wrong.

~Bill

Comment

Just wondering if anyone has been able to fix this problem by doing any of the suggested things that Rich has recommended in his posts or if this can truly be ignored? I noticed that when I train the speech in the windows control panel that the operation is successful, so I know that the voice recognition engine is working properly. Your help is much appreciated as always !!!!!!!

Comment

The error message appears when the SAPI subsystem detects an error. Disable all your devices and see if the error goes away, if so, re-enable them one at a time to find which one is causing the problem.

Also, check your attention phrase in the VR options, it cannot be an empty string. If so, this creates a blank XML file and the VR will give an error. This error can be ignored, but simply put in a phrase to fix this. If you don't want to use an attention phrase then check the box "always listen for commands", this disables the attention phrase.

-Rich

Comment

Rich,

I tried all the standard tricks - delete and recreate profile, de and re install HS, reinstall SAPI5, no good. But like I said, the VR really did still work. If I run HS 1.6.212, no error. Run 1.7.7, error. Very repeatable as I switch HS versions.

~Bill

Comment

That fixed it. 1.7.7 is running without error.

Thanks!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rich Helmke (HomeSeer Tech):

Also, check your attention phrase in the VR options, it cannot be an empty string. If so, this creates a blank XML file and the VR will give an error. This error can be ignored, but simply put in a phrase to fix this. If you don't want to use an attention phrase then check the box "always listen for commands", this disables the attention phrase.

-Rich <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

~Bill

Comment

Rich,

That also resolved the problem for me too !!!!!!!. Thanks Much !!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X