Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATI All-In Wonder Radeon 9200 Video/TV Card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATI All-In Wonder Radeon 9200 Video/TV Card?

I have an ATI all in Wonder 9200 video card and noticed that when you have Homeseer running, you can't operate the TV. The TV doesn't operate correctly. Am I correct in assuming that this card will work with the webcam plug-in? Seems that you can't watch TV on the monitor and have homeseer running at the same time. Clarification on this would be much appreciated. Thanks much !!!!!!

Why? Do you get errors? Do you mean you have HS using the card in some fashion and can't watch TV?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,
      I'm thinking that the Homeseer Webcam Plug-In only uses the TV Tuner part to change the channel to that of the input camera plugged into the TV Tuner Card. In other words, you can't be watching the TV Tuner card channels on your monitor with Homeseer running. When Homeseer is running on my Windows 2000 system and I bring up the TV Tuner station to watch TV on the screen, the TV Tuner application locks up and will not work properly. I was wondering if this is normal for all TV Tuner Cards when running Homeseer? Your help is much appreciated !!!!!!

Comment

Just a general comment on the way most capture cards work is that they can only be accessed by one application at a time. If you are using the "tv" application that came with the card to watch tv, then I suspect that no homeseer appliacation will be able to use the card.
        Why I like my 2005 rio yellow Honda S2000 with the top down, and more!

Comment

Rick,
          If HomeSeer is "using" the card in a capture scenario then you will not be able to use the TV "portion" of the card. This is by design. No to apps can use the card at the same time.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have the ATI AIW 9600. I had to update to the latest driver from www.ati.com in order to use my tv while homeseer was running. I am not running the WebCam plugin so im not sure if this is related. I had to download the entire catalyst, not just the driver, in order to get it to work.

Comment

I may be confusing the issue. When I try to run the TV Tuner, I just have Homeseer up and running but am not using the Webcam Plug-In. Seems that the TV Tuner application should run? Any help on this issue would be much appreciated. TIA !!!!!

Comment

If you have the webcam plugin installed, then homeseer may grab the capture card driver when it starts up even if you aren't activly using it. Who ever made the plugin should be able to answer that question.
                Why I like my 2005 rio yellow Honda S2000 with the top down, and more!

Comment

Actually, I don't even have the Webcam plug-in installed on the computer, so not sure why TV Tuner would not run in the background when Homeseer is running. I understand the issue of conflict when the webcam plug-in is installed, but with just Homeseer up and running with no plug-ins installed, doesn't seem that this should affect TV Tuner operation while running Homeseer. Any more clarification on this matter would be much appreciated. Thanks for all the help in advance !!!!!!

Comment

Could it be that you have the Media Player plug-in? If so, then Media Player may be finding the TV Tuner and trying to grab a hold of it.
                    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Working...
                    X