Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeSeer supports windows 2000 Korean version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer supports windows 2000 Korean version?

Hi. I'm interested in HomeSeer.
    And I download a HomeSeer Trial.
    If It is suitable for my purpose, I have a plan to buy.
    But,HomeSeer is not run on my computer installed windows 2000 professional Korean version. (Also, I'm using CM12A and Lamp Module, Applicance Module for my motor fan)
    HomeSeer can't support win2000 korean?

Hide, can you install an english language pack on your PC? If so, you can probably use the language bar to interface with HomeSeer using English, while the rest of your machine runs with a Hangul character set.

I spent the last 3 years in Seoul (moved back to the US in May) and the PCs I used at work had a Korean language pack that I could use to type Hangul chracters (although that was usually left to my Korean coworkers). But it was very easy to switch between the two input methods, and I know a lot of Koreans that went back and forth between English and Korean on their machines all the time.

Judging by your post, it sounds like your English is pretty strong, so using HomeSeer with English Characters should not be too much of a challenge.

Now there may be some technical reason that I do not know of that differentiates a Korean version of windows from a US version that makes it incompatable...
    John
    Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
    Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
    HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
    Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

At this time HomeSeer cannot support any of the double-byte character sets natively. There is a fair amount of conversion work that needs to take place for this and it was always too much work under the older VB/C++ architecture of the current product. Our HS 2.0 product/upgrade that we are working on may be something we can investigate doing this with since the .NET framework and the VS.NET development environment support native languages a little easier.
      Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Working...
      X