script overflow error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• script overflow error

i have a .asp page from homeseer that has in iframe in it, within that page there is another .asp page that has a wether map. every 5 seconds that page is refreshed using the simple:

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="5; url=traffic.htm">

i have noticed that several times a day i get the source code ont he scerrn and the error : script overflow. I have narrowed it down to this command, does anyone know why this would be happening?
    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

This was a common problem with the original Now Playing development a few years back. The simple solution was to install more hardware on the PC to handle memory, in particular, and the faster cpu also helped.

Comment

ugh, not that easy when its on a touchpad. **** the touchpad has 192MB ram and 500mhz proc , i wouldnt have thought since all its running is mainlobby with webloabby ( web page viewer) installed that it would be over stressed
      detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

My solution back then was an approach that only updated those elements of the screen that needed updating. In essence broke the problem down into a set of smaller ones. This was the NPFrame solution to Now Playing. You may be able to redesign your application to do a similiar thing if it is worth the effort. In Now Playing's case it was worth it for me.

Comment

Working...
        X