Well after 5 years I did it......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well after 5 years I did it......

I finally broke down and bought a PowerLinc USB. I didn't have a backup X10 interface so I bought the PowerLinc and finally plugged it in tonight to test it. Well one thing I can say is it is faster. Yes I was the CM11A advocate for years and still really like them for the money but I must admit this USB PowerLinc was as simple as plugging it in and adding it as my interface. It seems to be roughly a half of a second faster. I know when I poll my RCS TSTAT it is a whole lot faster.

Signed; a new convert with another open COM port.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Where did you get the USB PowerLinc? Any deals out there?
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I didn't find any steals so I bought it from HST. I try to split may business between Martin at AutomatedOutlet and HST. I looked on Ebay but didn't see any outstanding deals.

Comment

Greg,

Is it faster at turning lights on and off as well. I am currently using the CM11A and have been for a year now.

The CM11A is pretty accurate and I have not had to reset it at all.

Can you tell me why you switched?
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Bob,
          Yes it does seem faster but how much is hard to judge. At most it would be something like a second faster. Not enough to force me to change though. I have a walk-in closet thats light gets turned on when a motion sensor senses motion. This scenario is probably close to a second faster. The reason I switched was I had 2 CM11A's and about 2 weeks ago we had a lightning strike NEAR and of all things it took out the CM11A and 2 2 way lamp modules. I had a backup CM11A and used that but didn't like the fact that I didn't have a backup interface. Without a powerline interface Homeseer isn't real useful. So for backup purposes I decided to try the Powerlinc. One other plus is it opened up another com port as well.

Comment

When I switched from the CM11A to the LynX-10 PLC I did some timing and the LynX-10 PLC was about two seconds faster in processing incoming commands.

Eric

Comment

Working...
            X