Infra-Red Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infra-Red Questions

It's been a frustrating day, trying to program a Universal Remote Control to operate some of my equiptment. I invested in a JP1 cable and some software, but I need some help. I bought a rebadged RCA Satellite receiver and can't find the codes for it to put into my URC. I have looked online for the CCF files for it, and have had no luck. The model is a DirecTV D10. My Ocelot learned the codes from the origional remote control. Is there a way to go from Ocelot->JP1 ?

Also I have a Xantech Dinky-link (their nomenclature, not mine) that is getting washed out by sunlight from a nearby window. Is there a sunscreen lens or cover that I can put over it?

Thanks;

Don
    Don

Don,
    Try to post your question on Remote Central as well.

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/forums.cgi

Marty

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Don Stephens:
      It's been a frustrating day, trying to program a Universal Remote Control to operate some of my equiptment. I invested in a JP1 cable and some software, but I need some help. I bought a rebadged RCA Satellite receiver and can't find the codes for it to put into my URC. I have looked online for the CCF files for it, and have had no luck. The model is a DirecTV D10. My Ocelot learned the codes from the origional remote control. Is there a way to go from Ocelot-&gt;JP1 ?

Also I have a Xantech Dinky-link (their nomenclature, not mine) that is getting washed out by sunlight from a nearby window. Is there a sunscreen lens or cover that I can put over it?

Thanks;

Don <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Don, I wish your post was about a month earlier. I just sold the same receiver on ebay and tossed in the extra remote I had.
      As for the Xantech dinky thingy, Xantech makes UV light proof IR receivers. Maybe you can see if they have a filter they can send you. Or do a search in the Internet for using IR film to create a filter that blocks UV light and passed IR light. I am working on a filter for my out door PIR's that are too sensitive to the sunlight dancing around my home.
      As Czechmarty posted, hit Remote Central for ALL of your remote info needs.

HTH
      Kevin

Comment

Thanks guys. I have been lurking at remote central for the last couple of hours. Will revisit.

Don
        Don

Comment

Working...
        X