Please Help! Will HomeSeer do this???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Help! Will HomeSeer do this???

I want to automate my home using my x10 equipment and cams. I was wondering which software would be best? I would also like the ability to use voice commands. Will HomeSeer Do this?
    Is it possible to be able to walk in my house and say "I'm Home" and what ever macro I have programmed to that saying is activated?

Any info would be great!

Thank You
    Chris

Welcome chrisk,
    Yes HS can run macros (called events) by using voice commands. The quality of Voice Recognition is greatly determined by the quality of microphone used.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

what type of microphone is needed? and what and where is it placed?

Thanks

Comment

That is totally up to you. If you have the wiring available then you can mount the mic where ever you need it. One of the best one room mics is the the acoustic magic! It's not cheap but it's good.
        http://ubb.homeseer.com/eve/ubb.x?a=...4&f=3122980086

Some can be wall mountable like the crowns:

http://www.crownaudio.com/

Comment

If you want to save some money and get good VR, consider adding HomeSeer Phone with one of the supported hardware devices - for less $$ and with the slight inconvenience of having to pick up a phone, you can have very good voice recognition throughout your home (or everywhere there is a telephone).
          Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

But Rick do you guys have any modems other than the Way2Call?

Comment

Depends on what you mean by "have". Do we have any in stock: No - latest prototype of the updated PCI modem still had problems. Do we have a SKU in the store for something besides the Way2Call? Yes.
              Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Working...
              X