Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Webcam Audio When Previewing TV Tuner Input?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webcam Audio When Previewing TV Tuner Input?

I am able to preview the TV Tuner Channel, but I don't hear any audio. Is this normal for TV Tuner Preview or am I missing something? Thanks in advance for your help !!!!! This is using the Webcam Plug-In by Homeseer.

It uses the audio associated with the TV Tuner capture device, but if the TV tuner software that came with the board is the one responsible for unmuting the appropriate input, then the preview will not take care of that for you. This does not mean that you will not or cannot capture audio with it, it just means that the preview will not have audio.
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Rick,
      Is there a way to unmute the audio before previewing. What if I brought the TV Tuner software up and made sure the audio was not muted. Would this do the trick. Also, to capture audio, what is the best codec to use?
      Thanks for all your help !!!

Comment

Rick,

I have no way of knowing what the connection is between the VE card and your sound board for audio, but yes, you should be able to unmute that output and hear the audio - likely you will hear it all the time whether viewing the video or not.

"Best" is a subjective term - some want best compression, some want best speed, and some want best reliability - e.g. works consistently.

I can only say I have have good luck/results with the Intel Indeo codec. Note: If you are doing streaming, you do not choose a codec and have to name your capture file with a specific extension and then the system uses Microsoft's Media Encoder, so a codec choice if you are streaming is a moot point.
        Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Working...
        X