Adding a 5th X10 camera.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding a 5th X10 camera.

Guys I picked up a replacement camera for one I thought went bad but it started working again. How do you guys handle a 5th camera when the switching takes place between only 4. I tried writing a script that would switch off all the cameras but the one I wanted on and that floods the power line with on and off commands when I switch cameras and I still had problems getting the 5th camera to "act right" it kept think it was r4 rather than r5? How are you guys with multiple X10 cameras handling this? TIA
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Not familiar at all with x10 cams. But from what I remember in discussions, it runs in groups of 4 on a house code corrcect. Never seeing one I guess you set JUST the housecode to it? If that's the case you will prob have to set it to an unused housecode so it will able to access the first 4 unit codes.

Might be totally off base here, but what the heck

Comment

Humm.....smileys not working. It was supposed to be a <smile>

Comment

JOM,
        You are correct on them being controlled in groups of 4 but you do set the house and unit code on the power supply. So my first 4 are r1 - r4. I tried the 5th one as r5,6,7, etc and it appeared that one of the other 4 never turned off even though I was turning each one off.

Comment

I'm at a loss then. My initial thought would be what you were trying to do in script as you mentioned in above post.

Maybe give a shout over at Ski's board. I know he HAD multiple x10 cams at one time, just not sure if it was over 4 or not.

Comment

try something like this (13 cams, script to turn ON camera 2. Checks the status of all cams other than 2, then issues only the x-10 commands you need.):
            <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">sub main()

if hs.ison ("c4") then
            hs.execx10 "c4", "off"
            hs.SetDeviceString "c4", hs.StringItem(";&lt;img src='broadcastingvideo.gif' align=absmiddle&gt; Broadcasting Video;&lt;img src='xcamcamera.gif' align=absmiddle&gt; X Cam Camera;Dim;;;;;;;;;;;;;Unknown",hs.DeviceStatus("c4"),";")

end if

if hs.ison ("c3") then
            hs.execx10 "c3", "off"
            hs.SetDeviceString "c3", hs.StringItem(";&lt;img src='broadcastingvideo.gif' align=absmiddle&gt; Broadcasting Video;&lt;img src='xcamcamera.gif' align=absmiddle&gt; X Cam Camera;Dim;;;;;;;;;;;;;Unknown",hs.DeviceStatus("c3"),";")

end if

if hs.ison ("c1") then
            hs.execx10 "c1", "off"
            hs.SetDeviceString "c1", hs.StringItem(";&lt;img src='broadcastingvideo.gif' align=absmiddle&gt; Broadcasting Video;&lt;img src='xcamcamera.gif' align=absmiddle&gt; X Cam Camera;Dim;;;;;;;;;;;;;Unknown",hs.DeviceStatus("c1"),";")

end if
            if hs.ison ("c5") then
            hs.execx10 "c5", "off"
            hs.SetDeviceString "c5", hs.StringItem(";&lt;img src='broadcastingvideo.gif' align=absmiddle&gt; Broadcasting Video;&lt;img src='xcamcamera.gif' align=absmiddle&gt; X Cam Camera;Dim;;;;;;;;;;;;;Unknown",hs.DeviceStatus("c5"),";")

end if

if hs.ison ("c6") then
            hs.execx10 "c6", "off"
            hs.SetDeviceString "c6", hs.StringItem(";&lt;img src='broadcastingvideo.gif' align=absmiddle&gt; Broadcasting Video;&lt;img src='xcamcamera.gif' align=absmiddle&gt; X Cam Camera;Dim;;;;;;;;;;;;;Unknown",hs.DeviceStatus("c6"),";")

end if

if hs.ison ("c7") then
            hs.execx10 "c7", "off"
            hs.SetDeviceString "c7", hs.StringItem(";&lt;img src='broadcastingvideo.gif' align=absmiddle&gt; Broadcasting Video;&lt;img src='xcamcamera.gif' align=absmiddle&gt; X Cam Camera;Dim;;;;;;;;;;;;;Unknown",hs.DeviceStatus("c7"),";")

end if

if hs.ison ("c8") then
            hs.execx10 "c8", "off"
            hs.SetDeviceString "c8", hs.StringItem(";&lt;img src='broadcastingvideo.gif' align=absmiddle&gt; Broadcasting Video;&lt;img src='xcamcamera.gif' align=absmiddle&gt; X Cam Camera;Dim;;;;;;;;;;;;;Unknown",hs.DeviceStatus("c8"),";")

end if

if hs.ison ("c9") then
            hs.execx10 "c9", "off"
            hs.SetDeviceString "c9", hs.StringItem(";&lt;img src='broadcastingvideo.gif' align=absmiddle&gt; Broadcasting Video;&lt;img src='xcamcamera.gif' align=absmiddle&gt; X Cam Camera;Dim;;;;;;;;;;;;;Unknown",hs.DeviceStatus("c9"),";")

end if

if hs.ison ("c10") then
            hs.execx10 "c10", "off"
            hs.SetDeviceString "c10", hs.StringItem(";&lt;img src='broadcastingvideo.gif' align=absmiddle&gt; Broadcasting Video;&lt;img src='xcamcamera.gif' align=absmiddle&gt; X Cam Camera;Dim;;;;;;;;;;;;;Unknown",hs.DeviceStatus("c10"),";")

end if

if hs.ison ("c11") then
            hs.execx10 "c11", "off"
            hs.SetDeviceString "c11", hs.StringItem(";&lt;img src='broadcastingvideo.gif' align=absmiddle&gt; Broadcasting Video;&lt;img src='xcamcamera.gif' align=absmiddle&gt; X Cam Camera;Dim;;;;;;;;;;;;;Unknown",hs.DeviceStatus("c11"),";")

end if

if hs.ison ("c12") then
            hs.execx10 "c12", "off"
            hs.SetDeviceString "c12", hs.StringItem(";&lt;img src='broadcastingvideo.gif' align=absmiddle&gt; Broadcasting Video;&lt;img src='xcamcamera.gif' align=absmiddle&gt; X Cam Camera;Dim;;;;;;;;;;;;;Unknown",hs.DeviceStatus("c12"),";")

end if

if hs.ison ("c13") then
            hs.execx10 "c13", "off"
            hs.SetDeviceString "c13", hs.StringItem(";&lt;img src='broadcastingvideo.gif' align=absmiddle&gt; Broadcasting Video;&lt;img src='xcamcamera.gif' align=absmiddle&gt; X Cam Camera;Dim;;;;;;;;;;;;;Unknown",hs.DeviceStatus("c13"),";")

end if

hs.execx10 "c2", "ON"
            if hs.isoff ("c25") then
            system.speak "&lt;Voice Required='Name=Mike16'&gt;Stream cam"
            end if
            hs.SetDeviceString "c2", hs.StringItem(";&lt;img src='broadcastingvideo.gif' align=absmiddle&gt; Broadcasting Video;&lt;img src='xcamcamera.gif' align=absmiddle&gt; X Cam Camera;Dim;;;;;;;;;;;;;Unknown",hs.DeviceStatus("c2"),";")

end sub
            </pre>

Comment

Rupp, here's a link to a script that I wrote that cycles between a number of cameras. I think I have 9 running now!

The trick with multiple cameras is to turn them all OFF and at the end turn the one you want ON.

Comment

for efficiency:

You only need to issue one OFF per group; All four in the group will turn off.

so, Rupp, if you had sixteen cameras, all on housecode R, you could turn them All off with
                R1+R5+R9+R13+Roff
                and then you could turn the one you want ON, just like Jeff said.

Comment

That's not what I'm seeing. When I turn off one in the group and then turn on R5 , R4 still shows up or one of the other 3 still shows up. I have to physically turn off each of the cameras for some reason?

Comment

Hmm....Are the power supplies all XM13A? That is what most X10 cameras use to come with. The XM10A and XM14A may behave differently, but I thought not. Let me google . . .

later:<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>When I turn off one in the group and then turn on R5 , R4 still shows up or one of the other 3 still shows up <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Rupp, do you know if the errant camera is not turning off when it is supposed to, or is it turning on when it's not supposed to?

Comment

Rupp, I experienced similar problems away back. I found that the reliable way to control it was to turn them each off and then issue the ON command. When I got into more complicated scripting this concept proved to be the simplist.

Comment

Hey!...Take a sec to look at the posted script. No extra X-10 commands are issued, and any power supply can be used. Just 1 X-off, and 1 x-on.

I tried all of the suggested ways, and this way was the fastest.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Skibum:
                          Hey!...Take a sec to look at the posted script. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which posted script?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rupp:
                            <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Skibum:
                            Hey!...Take a sec to look at the posted script. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which posted script? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

6th post from the top of this thread I think you`ll find

Comment

That would be it...

Comment

Working...
                              X