Speaking of adding cameras....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of adding cameras....

I have six external cameras around the house. They output composit video into a modulator. The modulator feeds the in-house CATV system so I can view the cams on any TV in the home.
    I also have an output from the CATV system feeding into my HomeSeer server via an ATI All in Wonder video adapter.

Reference the attached graphihc.

What I would like to do is view the six cameras remotely via the Internet.
    What additional hardware and software would I need to accomplish this?

Thank you!
    Attached Files

I'm assuming you don't mean all the cameras at once on the internet. If that is the case you will need a different capture card (one that does six inputs).

There are a lot of software options if you just want to view a single camera at one time (basically your feed into your graphics capture card). These include WebCamXP, VisionGS, iVista, Windows Media Encoder as well as the Homeseer plugin. You may also want to reference our Camera Software post over at Cocoontech for more options as well.

Good luck,

BSR
    --------------------------------------------------
    **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brave Sir Robbin:
      I'm assuming you don't mean all the cameras at once on the internet. If that is the case you will need a different capture card (one that does six inputs).

There are a lot of software options if you just want to view a single camera at one time (basically your feed into your graphics capture card). These include WebCamXP, VisionGS, iVista, Windows Media Encoder as well as the Homeseer plugin. Posts abound on all of these options here and on Cocoontech.

Good luck,

BSR <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you BSR!
      As you suggested I only would need to see a single camera at a time but would like to switch between them.
      I think I have a copy of iVista and WebCamXP around here someplace now that you mentioned it.

Thank you again!

Off Cocooning I go...

Comment

Actually, if you already have a copy of WebCamXP THIS POST will make it very easy to integrate your video with your Homeseer's web server!

Then just place buttons on your web page to turn on the cameras you want to view. I believe the BumSki, err SkiBum recently posted Homeseer (VB Script) code to rotate between a good number of cameras on a specific interval!

If you can't find that post here ask him at his site (Skibumsplace.com).

EDIT: Check out THIS thread.

Good luck,

BSR
        --------------------------------------------------
        **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

Working...
        X