Your experience with Worthington ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your experience with Worthington ??

I placed an order last week via Worthington's website. (300 feet flexible conduit, single gang boxes, connectors, etc., etc.) Well, yesterday, I called to ask for a tracking number and was surprised to find out that my order hadn't shipped yet because several items were not in stock. I asked when they expected to receive these items back in stock and was told "maybe" by the end of the week.

Well, crap! I need to get started wiring the new house I'm having built.

Is this typical of Worthington?
    I just assumed they were like every other place I've ordered from and would have my order shipped within a day or two.
    : (

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Warez:
    I placed an order last week via Worthington's website. (300 feet flexible conduit, single gang boxes, connectors, etc., etc.) Well, yesterday, I called to ask for a tracking number and was surprised to find out that my order hadn't shipped yet because several items were not in stock. I asked when they expected to receive these items back in stock and was told "maybe" by the end of the week.

Well, crap! I need to get started wiring the new house I'm having built.

Is this typical of Worthington?
    I just assumed they were like every other place I've ordered from and would have my order shipped within a day or two.
    : ( <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have ordered many, many items from Worthington and have NEVER had ANY problems with them. True when items are on back order either they send partial orders or wait until all components are ready to ship.
    You probably got some pinhead on the phone.

Give them a chance, call back tomorrow and explain your situation to them.

Good luck!

Kevin

Comment

I have used them and they were excellent. Their prices are the best I have seen.

If you are having a house built- I would urge you to try to plan better and get stuff early. Construction delays are a given so I imagine that you will probably have more time that you think.

Good luck.
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
      Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
      weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

My experience with Worthington is excellent. Make sure you get their catalog, very nice.

As of now I shop like this:

1. www.automatedoutlet.com
        2. Worthington
        3. X-10 for REALLY low priced deals.
        4. Smarthome for products I can't find elsewhere or for the rare "super" sales.
        5. Homeseer Store - support the source.

GLT

Comment

I have tried many times to buy from Worthington (because I hear good things about them on this board) but I find it VERY difficult to find what I need on their web site. They may be a good company but their web site is awful. I know I could probably call and talk to someone but that's not the way I like to shop in this day and age. I like to go online, find what I want quickly and place the order all online.

Just yesterday, for example, I went there to look for an ACT CR234 repeater. I searched for "CR234", "CR-234", "234" and "ACT" and nothing happened. I didn't even get a message saying "not found". The search box just cleared with no explanation. I realize they may not carry ACT stuff but I saw a post on the HS board that indicated they do. If they don't carry it, the search should at least state "not found" or something to that effect.

Also, when I go to www.worthdist.com I get a message that says "Announcing our new web site" with a link to www.worthingtondistribution.com. I go there and find there is no "search" selection. I selected "Dealer Store" and found I have to have an account id and password. I selected "Consumer Store" and get taken back to the original page (www.worthdist.com)! Very frustrating so I just give up and order from Smarthome or Automated Outlet.

Is there a secret to actually BUYING something from Worthington?

Comment

If you know exactly what you are looking for, Worthington is excellent.

Comment

I knew exactly what I was looking for -- an ACT CR234 coupler/repeater. How would I find that item and order it on their web site?

Comment

The search engine has had its problems, but I view the new (dealer) website only these days.

The trick with them has always been to use the telephone. 80% of their business are the dealers, and they call from their truck on their cell phone and tell them what they need and it is done - the majority of that group of buyers uses the phone whereas us techie/DIYers use the web. Go ahead and get a UID and password at the dealer site - can't hurt! Or... Use somebody else!
                Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

It's probably in their catalog. They are set up more for wholesale than retail. You could call them.

If you insist on the web try my #1 above, i.e.:

http://www.automatedoutlet.com/produ...&cat=42&page=1

Might be a better price anyway and low shipping.

GLT

Comment

Wow!
                    Well, I just received a phone call from Emily at Worthington. She said she understood I had posted on the Homeseer site and was calling to discuss my order with me. She explained the situation with several Carlon items being on backorder... apparently these are pretty popular items.
                    After looking at the stock in two of their warehouses, Emily said she could get a partial shipment out right away. The remaining items in my order(which are those still on backorder) would be shipped by Monday.

Emily was very nice, very knowledgable and very helpful... a prime example of excellent customer service.

Thank you Worthington and thank you Emily. : )

-Gabriel

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DC:
                      I knew exactly what I was looking for -- an ACT CR234 coupler/repeater. How would I find that item and order it on their web site? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I recommend downloading their complete catalog. It's available in PDF format and is about 29MB in size. This is what I use and it's incredibly easy to search through and find exactly what you are looking for. When I was ready to order, I just jotted down the item details and used the 'Quick Order' link on their website. Easy as pie. : )

By the way, looking at the catalog, I didn't see an ACT CR234. However, I did find the following:
                      - ACT CR230 Basic Coupler/Repeater $87.43
                      (is this the item you were looking for?)

Comment

Warez,

No, I was specifically looking for the CR234. Judging from the Smarthome web site, I think the CR230 is basically a "CR234 Lite".

From the Smarthome web site about the CR230:

"For systems with less demanding needs, model #4820AC Amplifies X10 signals of 100mV or more to 5V across both phases of a 120/240 VAC split-single phase distribution system commonly found in a single family home. "

I think this line is in reference to the CR234:

"Incoming signals as weak as 25mV can be detected and repeated on all phases of power."

So, I would rather pay more for the unit that will amplify signals as weak as 25mV than one that will only amplify 100mV signals. (I think if the signal is 100mV, most X10 devices will "hear" it and therefore it won't need amplifying).

I will download their full catalog and see if that helps me find what I'm looking for. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X