Listening to server audio from a client

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listening to server audio from a client

I've just decided to build a new HA server (Hal) and keep it in the office (back bedroom) and use the old one just for media and a PVR (Ronin) and keep it in the living room.

I wanted to somehow be able to 'pipe' any announcements from the HAL to Ronin in the living room. (I don't have whole house audio).

I was thinking along the lines of VNC, a sound client and server, so after a bit of googling, I found the following link and thought I'd share it.
    Listing to server audio from a client

Some of you may already know about it. I've not tried it yet, but will be doing once I get things sorted in the living room.

All the best!!

Mike

Mike,
    A wireless speaker would be a whole lot easier wouldn't it?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Check out the Message Server plugin.

You would install the Message Server client on Ronin and then modify your events, scripts, etc to send the message to the client. One of the options is to have Message Server speak the messages it receives.
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rupp:
        Mike,
        A wireless speaker would be a whole lot easier wouldn't it? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps, but this is free!!

Nice one Jeff. I'll have a look at that plug-in. I wasn't aware of it, as I've only just got round to start doing things more exciting than turning on lights at dusk ;-)

Comment

Working...
        X