Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's In a Name? (Why did you choose your login id)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Anyhoo, .... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Jim, is that an Indiana saying? I believe Woody Boyd (the character on Cheers) said that a lot and he was from Hanover, IN (is that a real place?).

I must be the least creative person on this board. DC are my initials.

Comment

Name's John Rocco Fuda, so I use my initials plus last name. I've used it since ~1992, when I first had an AOL account.

To add another question, how do you all pronounce your alias? I pronounce jrfuda as "Jay Are Fooda"
      John
      Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
      Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
      HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
      Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

JeffCharger isn't very inventive either, but uses my first name and "Charger" refers to a boat I own. Here she is.....
        Attached Files

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DC:
          .. Jim, is that an Indiana saying? I believe Woody Boyd (the character on Cheers) said that a lot and he was from Hanover, IN (is that a real place?). ... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure that it is an Indiana saying but I did watch Cheers a lot .
          Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
          My Hardware & Software

Comment

Rupp,
            My middle name. My dad is an avid University of Kentucky basketball fan.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

It just came to me one day. Homer is a bit of a hero, and we all know how big his brain is....!

Comment

When I was in eigth grade I started 'phone phreaking' and assumed the handle (on BBS's) as Telephone Operator. well, it got shortened . 20 years later and I still use it.. and no longer routing my own calls, but still loving tech.

Comment

Well I think mine should be pretty self evident - I came up with this one after I started to spend some serious time with HS.

I also found that my "gadget" (x10 modules, ir components, wireless devices, touchscreens, htpc's, plug-ins, etc) count seems to grow exponentially. This ever increasing availability of technical marvels continues to cause/inspire me to keep creating novel ways to "solve" complex and perplexing problems like: how to turn on a light, know when there's someone at the door, know which room I'm in, or change the TV channel...

Comment

Well this is certainly not unique, but it explains the Nick. John is of couse my first name, and the WPB is simply the initials for the city I live in, West Palm Beach (Florida). I used that nick on many BBS's prior to the net, and when I did get internet access (Via 1200 BPS modem ) I set up the name with Bell South and have carried it through the dial up days, then DSL, and now Extreme DSL (500kbs downloads). That has been my email address going on 15 years now (&lt;My Nick&gt;@bellsouth.net. THANK GOD for good spam filters!
                    Visit My Home Seer Site at:
                    www.JohnWPB.com
                    Created with LCARS

Comment

Total lack of creativity and imagination here!

~Bill

Comment

About 8 or 10 years ago, I was a fairly active participant on a Rolling Stones message board. Word got out that I was a motorcycle biker too and after some friendly ridicule and banter they hooked "motor" to my last name and the handle stuck. I've since sold the Harley but I still use the name.

Jeff B.

Comment

You can tell the big city guys (KC,KS) have much more imagination thus us dirt farmers in the middle of the state

1st name, last initial.
                          Bruce

"The universal answer is 42."

Comment

Many many years ago I logged onto a BBS with my old 12/75 Prestel modem and they needed a login name, I loked around and there on the floor was a 45rpm, thats a music disk to you young un`s ;P and the label was Trojan, it was a reggae single, after that it went onto the LEET version TrOjAn and its been that forever, on IRC, everywhere I go. Must be around 16 - 18 years ago EEk

Comment

Trojan,
                              I was so happy that the word 'prophylactics' did not appear in your post.

I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY

~Bill

Comment

Amen Bill - I've been wondering but was to chicken to ask
                                Bruce

"The universal answer is 42."

Comment

Working...
                                X