Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's In a Name? (Why did you choose your login id)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My oldest daughter is now in high school. They are the Trojans. She is on the Lady Trojans soccer team. I can only imagine the snickers and remarks both by parents and kids.

So, I would like to say that when I saw TrOjAn, I thought of the high school team which might have been the case if I grew up in the area. But, instead something else came to mind.
    Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
    My Hardware & Software

Comment

Besides the whole easy to remember thing, my name's Steve and I'm a part time radio DJ in the Chicago area.

Comment

Well, I am sorry to HAVE to comment on Trojan;s choice of nick. Bill, I was with you from the beginning I must say, from when I first say the nick! I honestly knew there was some other meaning to the nick, than the profalactic. BUT to make things worse, when I started to read his response:
        "needed a login name, I looked around and there on the floor was..."

Well, My poor little ole brain started to wander before I could finish reading the rest of the post to say the least!

Trojan, I must say, the same thing that Bill did, I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY

(I hope you understand, this is all in good fun )

Jim, I agree, I guess I should have been jaded to the term myself. I went to Lake Worth High School here in West Palm Beach, Florida. We were the home of the "Mighty Trojans". Yes, trust me, there were many a joke running rampit about the whole thing in my high school days, both from within, and especialy from competing high schools.

I am so glad, that we are all adults now, and no longer make fun of such things!
        Visit My Home Seer Site at:
        www.JohnWPB.com
        Created with LCARS

Comment

I think these schools should go to the company and see if there is sponsorship opportunities available.

~Bill

Comment

Well boys, I`ve picked meself up from all the laughing now.. a reply, as you can guess, I never new about the "Condom" reference until one day on IRC in an Amiga chanel called #amirc some bloke, a good friend of mine, said " Hi Mr prophylactic ". I had had the nick fr around a year by now and so thought, hmm whats that mean? so off I went and googled for prophylactic, it was then I realised what ppl kept sniggering at when I went in USA channels... but I thought , sod it, its all mine and I`m keeping it. Theres quite a few " Trojans " on IRC so mine is sometimes TrOjAn^UK. Not that it alters it Of course I was young and also linked TrOjAn to backdoor hacking and thought it made me sound knowledgable hahahaha, youth, its a wonderful thing.

Yes I know you were joking and indeed I have been laughing along with it, its why I love the internet. Cheers, TERRY!!

Comment

Working...
            X