HS Becoming un responsive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS Becoming un responsive

i am having a problem, that sometime in the morning hours HS becomes unresponsive, I exit HS and my system re-boots by itself.

I turned off all other applications that have a scheduled events. Any ideas?

You can probably count on your auto-update software. Occasionally, MS send a patch that requirs a re-boot, and after it is loaded (usually at 3Am unless you set it differently). Then it can't re-book since HS will not shut down, so when you stop it, bingo, reboot and restart.

Tom

Comment

wow, thanks for the quick reply.

It seems to be happening just about every night. I have the weather plugin, and the MLHS plugin. Both seem to have latest updates.

I have a P4 3.2, 2 gb memory, z wave devices, XP SP1, TT 2.01, Rivers Media center and....

other thoughts?

Comment

Have you scanned for adware lately? This will bring the fastest computer to it's knees.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I hope i don't have that crap on my system. I have safeguards in place but.... for every virus there seems to magically have a vaccine...

Do you have a favorite

Comment

I use these three regularly:

AdAware:

AdAware SE

Spybot:

SpyBot 1.3

Bazooka:

Bazooka

The first 2 will remove the spyware automatically, but Bazooka requires you to edit the registry or remove files from the system. The reason I use it is because it often finds some that that others do not.

Make sure you keep the definitions updated and I would run them a couple times a week depending on how much you browse the net.

Jeff

Comment

When this happens, also try unplugging your X10 computer controler. I find that at time mine gets very "confused" and HS trying to talk to it takes a LONG time. Resetting it by unplugging it usually unclogs things. It probably wouldn't happen if I had the USB model instead of the old serial one.

Comment

I tried the spyware.. same problem
                I will try resetting controller.

thanks!

Comment

Well so far so good.

Thanks for the adware tips.,

But I think it was a problem with my USB z wave controller.... I had plugged into a 2.0 hub... now plugged in directly to my 2.0 MB.. Seems to work faster which goes on the guise of resonse time... even though it is a powered hub.

Thanks!

Comment

ok, narrowed it down. either it was my virus software causing the crash or a virus. Updated my software and has not crashed yet

Happy days are here again

Comment

So I thought... Same problem.

HS says to the effect "component not responding, cancel or switch to.."

I switch to and crash hard goes windows XP Pro SP1.

HELP!!! Is something goofy with my Z WAVE?

Comment

If the OS is crashing then I would suspect a driver conflict. This is the case in 9 out of 10 OS crashes. Have you tried updating the USB card drivers? I had a problem about 2 years ago where the system sould just freeze. I bought a new add on usb card and the problem was solved.
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                        X