Speaker.exe issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker.exe issue

Voice recognition works great for me once I get past the attention phrase, but it often has a very hard time recognizing the attention phrase. I saw on several message boards that it's better to use the line-in rather than the mic-in on my PC, so I have made that change. It didn't rectify the problem.

In trying to figure this out, I noticed the Speaker.exe application was showing this error in its Log:
    "1/28/2007 1:49:15 PM:Error in StartListening: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80045063"

It would show dozens of identical entries (as many as three or five during the same minute). When I click "Stop Listening" and then re-click "Start Listening" the problem goes away. But when I leave it idle for an hour by issuing no voice commands, it often replases into a problem and this error starts showing up in the log again, and of course fails to reccognize the attention phrase until I toggle off/on the listening mode.

Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks

What version of HomeSeer and speaker app are you running?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp, I'm running HS v2.1.104 and the speaker app that came with it (same version #).

Comment

I would recommend upgrading to the latest beta as this error and many others have been addressed. The latest beta is available in the HomeSeer2 beta forum.

Comment

Go into the speach recognition engine and train it to your voice. I know it's boaring and not a lot of fun, but does work. Also make sure it is ticket to learn.

It is also a good idea, unlike I did, to use the main mike you will be using.

Oh try changing the attention phrase to something that is easy for it to recognise. Using something like "OK It's Jerny, now listen up" does not work as good as lets say "Sexy" or "Control"
          sigpic
          A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

I get this error in the speaker app in version 2.2.0.7, so I guess it wasn't addressed as much as we were led to believe...

3/19/2007 8:45:05 PM:Error in StartListening: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80045003

Comment

Speaker App - StartListening Error

I've just upgraded all my apps to 2.2.066 , including Homeseer Speaker.
              Every time i select button:Start Listening, i get the following error every second.

15/06/2008 1:27:07 PM:Error in StartListening: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80045006

Has anyone been able to shed any light on this?

I'll run a dependency check on the process, but i'm guessing it has nothing to do with the fact that i don't have Microsoft Office installed.

Cheers,

Silver

Comment

This is caused by your operating systems inability to start VR. Check your speech control panel applet and see if the VR works there.

Comment

works now

thanks rupp - all working correctly now

Silver

Comment

Working...
                  X