windows xp embedded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

windows xp embedded

Ok so I just heard about this and was curious if this would be good to run HS on?
    It seems that it would imply that xp embedded is a chopped down version..

I received my camera system today... bad drive so I lost the os... GRRRRR

it is cool though...
    aopen p4 mb
    celeron 2ghz
    256mb ram
    onboard everything...

and it runs xp embedded.... plus is capable of 16 cameras... so that is telling me it has to be a chopped version of xp....
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
    Ok so I just heard about this and was curious if this would be good to run HS on?
    It seems that it would imply that xp embedded is a chopped down version..

I received my camera system today... bad drive so I lost the os... GRRRRR

it is cool though...
    aopen p4 mb
    celeron 2ghz
    256mb ram
    onboard everything...

and it runs xp embedded.... plus is capable of 16 cameras... so that is telling me it has to be a chopped version of xp....
    That depends. Embedded XP is generally built (during the hardware profile installation process) for the target platform, with mainly just the components needed and then usually locked-down. It's entirely possible that it is missing some support components that may be needed to run HS.

Major benefits are smaller footprint (which means that the target platform can be configured with less memory), tighter security and lower license costs. Other than footprint, it doesn't remove much of the core XP load that a well configured lean standard XP machine could.

16 cameras aren't hard to run in small windows with hardware assisted overlay when you're not running any other applications.

Comment

ok I have been busy and have not been up here in a while... thought id just post this... if anyone has any questions as i wont be back on for a few more weeks ya can email me (not that im important or anything ) rootbreaker@comcast.net

I have been playing with XPe (Windows XP Embedded)
      you can download the trial from microsoft. I am gonna price the license as it has to be cheaper than xp pro...

however it is cool I took a machine and put a second drive in it.
      you have your xp pro machine up and running and install the tools, msde, xpe repository and snapshot the hardware on your xp pro box. Then do all this mumbo jumbo and viola... you have files that you copy to a second drive. Once the files are there you can dual boot and bootup xpe..

I am currently running 2% cpu and 56mb ram with xpe!!!!!!!!!!!!

the coolest part is yes you can install xp pro then remove stuff like accessability options and a whole lot of other crap... but you know removing this stuff does not get rid of ALL of it...

with XPe everything is component based so you have to install the components... if you dont add it then hell it wont be there.... this can be a pita though as I have an image working but has basically virtually nothing in it...

now the locked part... it is locked if you replace the NTLDR component with EWF NTLoader and you can lock it where you cannot install anything...

I was able to get my image working but didnt have video or nic drivers.. thus wondering how to make a component out of them.. but I just decided to install them from cd and the normal drivers installed...

so you can install and uninstall drivers / software in XPe...

it is soo cool.... ill keep yall posted

my machine I will be using is
      Gateway 700s
      Intel P4 1.8
      1gb memory (4x256mb rimm)
      geforce 64mb video
      40gb drive

some tutorials I am following
      http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/embedded/aa731304.aspx

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

oh yeah.. the camera machine I think has a bad ps... can order one for $25 but waiting for my bud to get his so we can use it as a test. if that is it I will buy it.. the hard drive was bad so I bought a new one... also once my bud gets his we are going to image his drive and image mine... so we have a backup...... then the camera system will get worked on...

Comment

Working...
        X