Nokia N800 Tablet $399

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got one.

I like mine. It is pretty fast, has a GREAT screen and brings up web pages very well. It is GREAT to be able to get to any HS page from anywhere in my house. I use it a LOT to change songs or music programs when out on the hammock in the back yard. This year I used it to fire up my Christmas lights and music in an impromptu lighting ceremony with my neighbors.

It is a great media player, decent web browser and acceptable email client. It is NOT a replacement for a Palm. There are no apps yet to view Office documents, and not a lot of ANY sort of apps for that matter. Many are promised and there are a decent amount of homegrown apps available, but nowhere near the amount for Palm devices.

When fully charged, it says I get 10 days of standby time and 7 hours of use. I can actually get about 7 days of standby if I keep the WiFi off and about 6 hours of solid use time (like watching videos or listening to music.

A few months ago Buy.com had them for $199 on some special one day deal. I also signed up for a Buy.com credit card and got an additional $30 off.

Rob

Comment

I wonder how these compare to the new iTouch devices as far as web page viewing goes? Anyone of you guys used both?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp, I would think the Nokia would be better at viewing web pages simply because he screen is bigger. The N800 has a really nice screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          What exactly are you looking for? HTML doesn't allow for push for obvious security reasons. There would need to be some type of a client on these to "accept" a push. The speaker client will only run on a windows client and these do not run windows.
          Rupp,
          I display info and warnings on the HS servers monitor that I would like to push to remote locations with displays(like the touch Ipod or this Nokia Pad=cheap displays)???
          Bob

Comment

I purchased the Nokia 770, an earlier version of the N800 for $135 just a few months ago. Very Impressed with it. The 770 works great with HS. The display of 800X400 is impressive and the WiFi reception is excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by BobSpen View Post
              Rupp,
              I display info and warnings on the HS servers monitor that I would like to push to remote locations with displays(like the touch Ipod or this Nokia Pad=cheap displays)???
              Bob
              The only way I know to do this would be to put a web page that "checks" for this info and have it refresh every X number of seconds.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

What's the battery life on these devices? Any of you guys still use them?
                I purchased the Nokia 770, an earlier version of the N800 for $135 just a few months ago. Very Impressed with it. The 770 works great with HS. The display of 800X400 is impressive and the WiFi reception is excellent.
                Battery life is very good on the 770 I get an easy 5-6 hours actual "On" time, in sleep mode I have had it on all day. In off mode mine will last for weeks between charges. because it actually does completely power down. Unlike my HP pocket computer that goes into a sleep/standby mode. The down side is it takes about a minute or two to power back up. Phil

Comment

The only way I know to do this would be to put a web page that "checks" for this info and have it refresh every X number of seconds.
                  I thought of something like that, but with something like the Nokia Pad or the Touch Ipod do we mortals have the ability to cuase something like that to happen(aren't their OS pretty "closed"?)
                  Bob

Comment

I have a 770 and an iPod Touch. I like the iPod much better. It crashes less, and clicking on buttons is easier because you can enlarge sections on the screen easier than the Nokia.

Comment

Nokia N800

Was looking around Circuit City has the N800 for $199.99 bought it:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Nokia...oductDetail.do

Looks like a new toy to play with - christmas is great

Comment

Originally posted by kaldoon View Post
                        Was looking around Circuit City has the N800 for $199.99 bought it:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Nokia...oductDetail.do

Looks like a new toy to play with - christmas is great
                        I was about to cancel my Buy.com order, but it looks like CC had it only for in-store purchases, and a search of 20 or so stores within 30 miles of here said none were available. Knowing the way CC operates, they probably had one for sale in one store in the country, and you got it. Congrats!

Steve

Comment

Nokia N800

The link no longer works - guess I was at the right place at the right time this AM - the Nokia N800 is no longer listed at Circuit City - it's suppose to ship tommorrow - I guess will see

Comment

N800 and Buy.com mistake

Dont waste your time with Buy.com.
                            I ordered the N800 last Saturday 12/22 and they took my order and my money and sent an email confirming the order. Today after not seeing any shipping info I tried to track the order down. After two hours on hold and a few emails , I get some story that they are out of stock now and no date as to when they will arrive or when they might be able to ship my unit. I tried to cancel the order and was told that it would take 5 business days to cancel and if it was approved they would credit my pay pal order. This is not the first time Buy.com has shafted me. I vowed never to order again after last year when they messed up my order. I thought maybe they would have changed by now, but they have not. So Buyer beware of Buy.com
                            I did find the N800 at Tiger Direct for $219.00 and ordered it from them and will hopefully get my money back from Buy.com

Comment

Nokia N800

Received traking info from CC last night the N800 should be here today - Fedex - also saw Tiger Direct at $219.00 plus shipping this morning - didn't expect to be getting it so soon.
                              Last edited by kaldoon; December 27, 2007, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Well, sure enough, Buy.com acknowledged cancelation of my order, so I'm back to square one. Now I have to decide wheather to spring the extra $$ for the iTouch. It sounds like people who own one or the other are pretty heavily biased towards what they have. Does anyone have both a Nokia and an iTouch? If so, how do they compare?

It looks like the N800 has a 800x400 screen, and the iTouch has a 640x480 one. The N800 is a linux box, and so probably has more things you could do to it, and maybe a little more compatible with the non-Apple world?

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X