X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be completely iFree...

http://www.electric-chicken.co.uk/itoilet.html

I'd go the N800 in a sec.

Skibum - Working towards an iFree world.

Comment

I'm not so sure, this iTouch that I'm typing this on works really well. The only problem I have seen is with Java applets.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

and what can you do with it other than EXACTLY what the iLord wants you to be able to do with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Skibum View Post
          and what can you do with it other than EXACTLY what the iLord wants you to be able to do with it?
          I'm not sure. It's not mine but my daughters best friends. I was impressed that I turned it on and it connected to my WiFi and I was typing a reply in a few seconds. It's not for old men like me that need glasses and have yet to go get them. The ability to surf anywhere there's a connection is really neat but the screen needs to be bigger for my taste.

Comment

Originally posted by Skibum View Post
            Ski,
            He's able to surf to non-Apple sites, so that's proof there are still some "open" portions of the device.
            Steve

Comment

N800

After canceling my backordered N800 from buy.com i ordered one from tiger direct. Got it today and its DOA. It wont power up. I will call Tiger direct tomorrow. I guess the N800 is not as good as it sounds..

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
                Ski,
                He's able to surf to non-Apple sites, so that's proof there are still some "open" portions of the device.
                Steve
                What more is there to do with these devices?

Comment

Originally posted by wolfe4656 View Post
                  After canceling my backordered N800 from buy.com i ordered one from tiger direct. Got it today and its DOA. It wont power up. I will call Tiger direct tomorrow. I guess the N800 is not as good as it sounds..
                  It may be a silly question but did you hold down the power button for 1-2 seconds?
                  Jon

Comment

N800

JON00: yes I did. It powers up and runs. Once I turn it off though it wont power backup unless it is left powered off for an hour or so. I was going to try to upgrade to 2008 OS but it wont power on. If you have any more ideas let me know since I am unfamiliar with the unit.
                    Thanks Dave...

Comment

Dave,

No that does not sound right. Try plugging in the USB lead to a PC and the Nokia, press and hold the button with the small house on it and then press the power on for 2 seconds. Does it boot up now?

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                      What more is there to do with these devices?
                      Rupp what do you want it to do

Stereo FM radio built in.
                      Internet radio and media player with support for Shoutcast/Windows/Real
                      Skype VOIP
                      Mozilla Browser with Flash 9 and Java support
                      Image viewer
                      PDF reader
                      Games
                      Mail & chat
                      Camera & Mic
                      etc
                      Open source so it has loads of free programs and applications for download.
                      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                        Rupp what do you want it to do

Stereo FM radio built in.
                        Internet radio and media player with support for Shoutcast/Windows/Real
                        Skype VOIP
                        Image viewer
                        PDF reader
                        Games
                        Mail & chat
                        Camera & Mic
                        etc
                        Open source so it has loads of free programs and applications for download.
                        I do not own either but have used the iTouch. Having said that here are my questions to the masses.
                        Stereo FM radio built in:
                        Internet radio and mediaplayer with support for Shoutcast/Windows/Real:
                        - That's alot but how many users would really use the Radio when they have all of their iTunes available?

Skype VOIP:
                        - I'm not really sure whay Skype is but if it's phone software I would think one would reach for their cell phone before this.

-The Java would be a nice option. I avoid flash at all costs due to CPU usage.

Image viewer:
                        - Does the iTouch not have one of these?

PDF reader:

Games:
                        - I personally got over this years ago but this may be important to others.

Mail & chat:

Camera & Mic:
                        -My phone has this but I've never used either.

My biggest question is, is the Nokia's browser interface as smooth as the iTouch? Does it rotate when the unit is rotated and are the zoom in zoom out controls the same as the "2 finger slide"? If so then I need to go play with the Nokia.

Comment

Rupp,

It's not my intention to compare between the Nokia and the iPhone as they are both great products.

IMO, the screen on the Nokia is superior to the iPhone and has a 800 x 480 rather than the iPhones 320 X 480 pixel display and can view many web pages without any horizontal scrolling or zooming. You can quite happily view a Homeseer page in full width.

To answer your final question, the Nokia has zoom in/out/full screen mode by touch buttons at the top of the unit but does not have rotate as it does not need it (it's already in landscape!)
                          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                            Rupp,

It's not my intention to compare between the Nokia and the iPhone as they are both great products.

IMO, the screen on the Nokia is superior to the iPhone and has a 800 x 480 rather than the iPhones 320 X 480 pixel display and can view many web pages without any horizontal scrolling or zooming. You can quite happily view a HomeSeer page in full width.

To answer your final question, the Nokia has zoom in/out/full screen mode by touch buttons at the top of the unit but does not have rotate as it does not need it (it's already in landscape!)
                            I was hoping you would do a comparison I need to seek out the Nokia to see how large these are. The screen size is exactly what I do not like about the iTouch but they make up for it with all the screen zoom abilities. Thanks for the info.

Comment

N800

jon00: I tried that it would not work. If I left the battery out for an hour or so, It would power up. However right after that If I turned it off it would not go on again. It is almost like after it has been on it would lock up until it cooled off. I went ahead and loaded the 2008 update during its working cycle. The update worked and as soon as I turned it off it would not go on again.
                              I called Nokia and they had no troubleshooting ploys, they suggested I return it as defective to whom I had purchased it from. I got hold of tigerdirect and they reluctantly gave me a RA# for an exchange. I packed it up and shipped it back today. I did notice though that on my next order it states that I cannot return it to them that I can only work through Nokia warranty service for repairs or exchanges. I am hoping the new one works ok.
                              Thanks for your help.
                              Dave

Comment

N800

Recieved the N800 from CC on the 27th late - took it out of the box charged the battery - downloaded OS2008 (45 minutes) - hooked up to my wireless lan and viewing HomeSeer a couple of minutes later - screen is small but definitely larger than the iphone - looking forward to seeing what all it's capabilites are - all in all a great deal for the price

Comment

Working...
                                X