Volume control - any device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My set up is the default (4/5=front, 6/7=rear). When I send the command:

&hs.launch "C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\SuperMixer.exe", "Control:4 SetMuten"

I get an error: "could not connect to / find specified mixer device. When I click ok, it puts up the error: "object reference not set to an instance of an object."

it does that regardless of If I do 4, 5, 6, or 7, and also regardless of the command.

Then my system bogged down, giving me a .net error for the mixer prog. Here's the text from that:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
    ************** Exception Text **************
    WaveLib.AudioMixer.MixerException
    at WaveLib.AudioMixer.Mixer.get_Devices()
    at SuperMixer.MixerForm.LoadComboSettings()
    at SuperMixer.MixerForm.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(M essage& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Fra...7/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    SuperMixer
    Assembly Version: 1.0.2608.41734
    Win32 Version: 1.0.2608.41734
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/HomeSeer%202/SuperMixer.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL...dows.Forms.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL...089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL...em.Drawing.dll
    WaveLibMixer
    Assembly Version: 1.0.2606.27228
    Win32 Version: 1.0.2606.27228
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/HomeSeer%...veLibMixer.DLL
    ************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.
    For example:
    <configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>
    When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I don't know if this is just because I was messing around with command lines, trying to identify the speakers, or what. I'm going to reboot and keep trying later.
    Thanks,
    Ian
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Maybe I didn't interpret the routing info correctly. when I click the routing, it shows Wave and ac-3/3-d as options. I assume I want the wave. Is that correct?

If I click the plus on the wave, it shows wave 0/1, wave 4/5, wave 6/7 and wave 8/9, with various numbers to the right.

I read the help and it told me the information I listed previously as "default."

So, to control it, would I say control:4 or control:5 (to do independant r/l) or would I use a name (like "front") I've tried using the numbers and it doesn't seem to work, so I figure I'm either using the wrong name/#, or it I need to adjust settings in the routing?

Thanks,
      Ian
      Plugins:
      BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

You lost me... what "plus on the wav"?

Find the device you want to control on the interactive screen. Look for where it says "device index" then a number. That's the simplest way to specify what device you want to control. Almost all audio generated by the computer is going to be through the WAV channel.

So assuming that the device index was 2:

Supermixer DeviceNum:2 ControlName:"Wav" Channel:Left SetLevel:50

would set the left channel level to 50% for device index 2's WAV input.

Jon

Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
        Maybe I didn't interpret the routing info correctly. when I click the routing, it shows Wave and ac-3/3-d as options. I assume I want the wave. Is that correct?

If I click the plus on the wave, it shows wave 0/1, wave 4/5, wave 6/7 and wave 8/9, with various numbers to the right.

I read the help and it told me the information I listed previously as "default."

So, to control it, would I say control:4 or control:5 (to do independant r/l) or would I use a name (like "front") I've tried using the numbers and it doesn't seem to work, so I figure I'm either using the wrong name/#, or it I need to adjust settings in the routing?

Thanks,
        Ian
        Jon Ort
        JonOrt@The--Orts.com
        (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Jon,
          First, I appologize for just not getting it. I seem to be slow lately...maybe I'm trying to learn too much too quick with a bunch of things all at once. Anyway, in my efforts to get this to work, here is what I've come up with:

Here is how I have 4 speakers connected:

Front Left = Bathroom
          Front Right = Master Bedroom
          Rear Left = Dining Room
          Rear Right = Boys Room

Here is a list of devices that show up on the Interactive Interface

kx wave ct4832 10k1 (c000) 0/1 device 1
          kx wave ct4832 10k1 (c000) 2/3 device 2 HiPhone (HS)
          kx wave ct4832 10k1 (c000) 4/5 device 3
          kx wave ct4832 10k1 (c000) 6/7 device 4
          kx wave ct4832 10k1 (c000) 8/9 device 5

Here are various commands that I have found will control mute function globally on all 4:
          &hs.launch "C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\SuperMixer.exe", "DeviceName:0/1 SetMute:Off"
          &hs.launch "C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\SuperMixer.exe", "DeviceName:4/5 SetMute:On"
          &hs.launch "C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\SuperMixer.exe", "DeviceNum:3 SetMute:On"

Some of the above only mute when after I click on on an error message, ususally it says I typed the wrong thing (I forget the exact wording)

The sample you provided earlier, w/the "wave" option, doesn't affect the sliders on the KX at all, I tried it on DeviceNum:1,3,4,5,6,7 - none of them worked.

&hs.launch "C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\SuperMixer.exe", "DeviceNum:1 ControlName:"Wav" Channel:Left SetLevel:50

I feel like I'm going in the right direction. It used to be that I could only get the front R/L to work, but I was able to "turn up" the rear channels, albiet, manually.

Thanks for this prog...sorry I'm such a dunce!!!
          Plugins:

Comment

fThe master volume control is common for all kx devices as mentioned in a previous post. Since all the commands you listed change the master channel on a kx device all the kx devices will be muted.

You usually need quotes around the names of devices which can get complex when you are using an HS function call. Use the device index to make it easy.

&hs.launch "C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\SuperMixer.exe", "DeviceNum:3 Channel:2 SetMute:On"

Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
            Jon,
            First, I appologize for just not getting it. I seem to be slow lately...maybe I'm trying to learn too much too quick with a bunch of things all at once. Anyway, in my efforts to get this to work, here is what I've come up with:

Here is how I have 4 speakers connected:

Front Left = Bathroom
            Front Right = Master Bedroom
            Rear Left = Dining Room
            Rear Right = Boys Room

Here is a list of devices that show up on the Interactive Interface

kx wave ct4832 10k1 (c000) 0/1 device 1
            kx wave ct4832 10k1 (c000) 2/3 device 2 HiPhone (HS)
            kx wave ct4832 10k1 (c000) 4/5 device 3
            kx wave ct4832 10k1 (c000) 6/7 device 4
            kx wave ct4832 10k1 (c000) 8/9 device 5

Here are various commands that I have found will control mute function globally on all 4:
            &hs.launch "C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\SuperMixer.exe", "DeviceName:0/1 SetMute:Off"
            &hs.launch "C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\SuperMixer.exe", "DeviceName:4/5 SetMute:On"
            &hs.launch "C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\SuperMixer.exe", "DeviceNum:3 SetMute:On"

Some of the above only mute when after I click on on an error message, ususally it says I typed the wrong thing (I forget the exact wording)

The sample you provided earlier, w/the "wave" option, doesn't affect the sliders on the KX at all, I tried it on DeviceNum:1,3,4,5,6,7 - none of them worked.

&hs.launch "C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\SuperMixer.exe", "DeviceNum:1 ControlName:"Wav" Channel:Left SetLevel:50

I feel like I'm going in the right direction. It used to be that I could only get the front R/L to work, but I was able to "turn up" the rear channels, albiet, manually.

Thanks for this prog...sorry I'm such a dunce!!!
            Jon Ort
            JonOrt@The--Orts.com
            (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

would

channel:2

or

channel:1

be the same as left or right?
              Plugins:

Comment

Jon,

Thanks so much for sharing this... it works wonderfully...

Just a note:

You may want to change the command line help screen a bit..

When you try "SuperMixer Mute:ON"... it doesn't seem to work...

When you try "Supermixer SetMute:On" it works as one would expect.

The Command Line Help screen seems to have "Mute" instead of "SetMute" in one of the examples.

Thanks again for this

Andrwe
                Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

gosh i feel like an idiot! I have to say, I'm about to give up. I know it is user error, so please, don't think I'm complaining. I just can't seem to get it. I decided to try w/ manual control. When I open the kx program I can control each speaker individually by adjusting volume on front left/right, rear left/right. when I open the supermixer, if I adjust "master mix" on any device index, it affects all the others (global). If I adjust something else, like "wave" or "cd" it is not global, but it also has no impact on the volume output on front r/l or rear r/l

don't know if it makes a difference, but I've been testing with a cd playing via wmp.

my guess is that I need to config something, maybe in kx, because the breakdown seems to be between kx and supermix.
                  Plugins:

Comment

Jon,Sorry to bring up an old thread...but I have a new use for this.I have 9 USB sound cards that I am now using (had to dump the Soundblaster, as I needed the PCI slot).

I've been playing with programatically changing Winamp's default device. However, they track by number. Windows Tracks by name.This explains why all of my Speaker Apps are always pointing at the proper sound card.

I was able to (with Gog's help) figure out how to rename all my sound cards. SO, now the Windows name PROPERLY tracks the proper sound card, even after a reboot. HOWEVER, Windows STILL changes the device order. SO, my speaker apps all are talking to the correct sound card, but my Winamps get goofed. This is because Winamp tracks based on device number.So, I'd like to know if you could modify this to output all the devices to an INI file.
                    Something like:
                    supermixer dumpNames "directory"
                    Then in the ini, I could pull the "names" based on device number
                    [deviceNames]
                    1=Kitchen
                    2=Basement
                    etc.I just need an easy way, upon starting HS to get all the names from the "order" in which Windows puts them
                    Program has been working great!
                    Thanks!
                    --Dan
                    Last edited by drozwood90; August 25, 2010, 08:16 AM. Reason: formatting
                    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Has anyone seen Jon? It is not like him to not respond...

--Dan
                      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

bump...?

Comment

Working...
                        X