Grouping device commands in event actions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grouping device commands in event actions

When I add more than one device command to the event actions of an event, I seem to have a choice of adding individual device commands as separate actions, or grouping device commands within one action.

I've searched help and these forums, but can't find any sign of the pros and cons of either alternative. Anyone know which is preferable?

Nope, but I'd like to know that one. I've noticed that just not bothered to find out about it yet.

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

The grouping allows you to send all on's at once as long as the devices are all on the same house code.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        The grouping allows you to send all on's at once as long as the devices are all on the same house code.
        Indeed. In X10 terms it's equivalent to (say) A+1+2+3+4 ON, as opposed to A1 ON, A2 ON, A3 ON, etc. It's more efficient on the X10 powerline.

Comment

The interface allows devices to be added from multiple House Codes within a single action. So I'm wondering if it fires off one command for each house code?

If that's the case, is it a good practice to group device commands within a single event action as much as possible? (Assuming all share the same command and delay.)

Comment

Originally posted by jimcu View Post
            The interface allows devices to be added from multiple House Codes within a single action. So I'm wondering if it fires off one command for each house code?

If that's the case, is it a good practice to group device commands within a single event action as much as possible? (Assuming all share the same command and delay.)
            If the House Codes are different it should make no difference as HS will triger them one after the other, only if the house codes are the same will HS trigger them all to gether as Rupp said.
            sigpic
            A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

What we don't know is whether HS is smart enough to group them. e.g. if you have A1, B1, C1, A2, A3, B2 ... does it send A1+2+3, then B1+2, then C1, given that if order is important to you you can always set them up as separate actions.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuego View Post
                What we don't know is whether HS is smart enough to group them. e.g. if you have A1, B1, C1, A2, A3, B2 ... does it send A1+2+3, then B1+2, then C1, given that if order is important to you you can always set them up as separate actions.
                Gogs is correct, it will not do the smart mappings.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Good to know. Thanks. It does make a noticeable difference turning on A1+2 versus A1, A2, for example.

Comment

Working...
                  X