Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I configure XP so HS executes at boot up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I configure XP so HS executes at boot up?

Don't want to have to be logged in.

Pretty much the same way as any windows program. Put an alias to it in your windows startup folder.

Comment

Originally posted by anogee View Post
      Pretty much the same way as any windows program. Put an alias to it in your windows startup folder.
      I thought the startup folder is executed only upon login. There are system wide and individual options. I want HS to execute like file sharing or print services. Have I missed something here?

Comment

Configure it to run as a service. It's an option on the HS menu. Running as a service has its pros and cons (search the board for more).

Comment

Go to XP Tools on Microsoft's web page, you will find a programme called "Tweak", this will allow you to bypass the login screen for the default user.
          sigpic
          A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Here's a HomeSeer KB article on how to autostart XP and auto launch HomeSeer.

http://www.homeseer.com/cgi-bin/help...iew=20&lang=en
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Fuego View Post
              Configure it to run as a service. It's an option on the HS menu. Running as a service has its pros and cons (search the board for more).
              Thanks for the tip, found the menu option. Was not successful in finding any discussion of it though (seach terms were window service). Will see how it goes.

Comment

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...t=service+pros

Comment

Working...
                X