HomeSeer Speaker not audible when 2nd user is logged into XP account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer Speaker not audible when 2nd user is logged into XP account

HomeSeer Speaker is not audible when another user (wife) is logged into her XP user account even though HomeSeer is running. Log shows correct speaking output and my other remote speaker clients speaks correctly. Just no audio from host computer when any user other than me is logged into their XP user account.

If I Switch Users back to my account HomeSeer Speaker is audible and functions as expected.

HomeSeer is set up to work as application.

Any thoughts?

The speaker app is designed to run under the account that starts the app up. If you want to be able to hear from all accounts you will need to add a speaker.exe to her startup account as well. You should be able to add it to the all users group startup folder. C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Don't log off.

Originally posted by GZeller View Post
      HomeSeer Speaker is not audible when another user (wife) is logged into her XP user account even though HomeSeer is running.
      When your wife logs on, have her NOT log you off. Just switch users. Your ID will with the speaker.exe will continue to run in the background. We do this every day.

Comment

Working...
      X