Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motion activated Light (Mind Blank)

I'm having a bit of a mind blank.

I have a motion sensor on the same code as a lamp module (they are on the same code as I want quick response). I have a W800 which acts as the RF interface into homeseer.

The setup at the moment is that the On / Off signals from the Motion sensor turns the light on off. I want to configure it such that the on signal from the motion sensor turns it off but Homeseer controls the turn off. I know with the W800 I can get it to supress the off signals but what I cant figure out is how to configure homeseer.

Any ideas ??

Thanks

Phill,
    You will not be able to keep the motion sensor and the lamp on the same h/u code and do as you desire. You will have to have an event in HS read the incomming RF signal and manipulate the light. The reason is if the light is on the same signal as the motion sensor every time it sends an off the light will go off.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Phill,

If you set your motion sensor to stay on for 255 mins, it won't send an off (I think that was what I read for my MS13E2s).

Even if that isn't the way yours work, then setting the off for the maximum will probably give you the results you want; if the sensor sends an OFF some time after HS already switched the light off, thats no problem.

Comment

Unless the wife turns the light on and the 255 minutes is up a minute or 2 later.

Comment

from Rupp:
          Unless the wife turns the light on and the 255 minutes is up a minute or 2 later.

===============================================

Don't forget that every time it sees motion that 255 minute timer gets restarted.....

Dick
          Dick
          HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

I realize that Dick but he never stated the light that was being controlled was in the same area that the motion sensor was did he.

Comment

Thanks Guys. It was late and logic was begining to fail.

Phill

Comment

Working...
              X