Brightspeech voices - MS Agents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brightspeech voices - MS Agents

Can brightspeech Voices be used with MS Agents?

According to Microsoft, No. The BrightSpeech voices are SAPI 5 voices. I would try it to see what happens though. I though I saw SAPI 4 and SAPI 5 listed in the voice editor.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Can Microsoft Agent characters speak using SAPI 5 text-to-speech engines?
    No, Microsoft Agent was written to support SAPI 4 and the Speech development team at Microsoft did not provide for any backward compatibility in SAPI 5 for any prior versions.

If there is a SAPI 5 text-to-speech engine that you really want your application to use and you can create or commission a custom Microsoft Agent character, there is an alternative available for you to try if you also are not particularly concerned about accurately synchronizing a Microsoft Agent character's mouth movements with the output from the SAPI 5 text-to-speech engine. This alternative requires the custom Microsoft Agent character to have a looping animation of the character's mouth moving as if it were speaking. Your programming will need to call upon the SAPI 5 text-to-speech engine and trap the event that is raised when the engine has completed outputting the passed text. During this time, your programming should have the custom Microsoft Agent character playing the looping animation with the mouth movement.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Okay let me know if you try iy. I really like the bright speech from what I see but I like the MS Agents aswell. They pop up on my TV's in my audio video network when making an announcement. I didnt by the bright speech yet because of this.

Comment

Guys,
        Heather says am instead of A M when announcing the time. Is there a way to tell her to use A M after reading a time like 10:04am ?

Hope this makes since.

Comment

Use the editor....

But mine works fine when announcing the time... ????

Comment

is the am in upper case or lower case? upper case is pronounced letter by letter, while lowercase it will be pronounced as a word, so if you have a script doing this, make sure the AM is upper case.
            HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
            (aka xplosiv)
            Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

Comment

Dan,
              I tried both upper case and lower case in the dictionary editor and it say am for both.

Ski,
              This happens when I use $time in an event on the speech tab.

Comment

Working...
              X