Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello...

Hello Everybody,

The last time I looked into this message board was some 3 years ago. Amazing how Homeseer (Product & Company) has developed during this time.

I guess I should update my ancient HS version and start to play with it again...

I'm looking forward to be in contact with this community again. I saw there are still a lot of familiar names around. Once HS, always HS, right?

cu
    Alex

Alex! Great to have you back!!!

I can tell you in the past 3 years you have not been forgotten! Your lighting script is probably one of the most used scripts for HS. When HS 1.7 was released, the new code rendered it not operational. Rich himself updated the code to work with the new version and re posted it.

I still cant get it to work with time events, but that was something I never used that much anyways.

Welcome back, and yes, you have a lot of catching up to do From the "old days", I guess that just leaves Hunter Green on the MIA list now.
    Visit My Home Seer Site at:
    www.JohnWPB.com
    Created with LCARS

Comment

the one and only one, great to have you back!
      HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
      (aka xplosiv)
      Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

Comment

Alex!

Welcome back! You have never been forgotten.

Comment

Alex! welcome back, quite a few of us are still using your scripts, slightly modified for the newer version of HS but fine scripts.. can we expect more from you now you have returned?

Terry

Comment

Wow. Great to hear that my scripts are still used. And Rich himself updated them... I'm really impressed. Usually I can't update my own code ater not looking at it for 3 months or so

My Home Automation site is still online, but all the stuff is installed in a house that I'm not using. so it's pretty boring apart from the blinds that go up and down every day. A year ago I have married and moved to a new house which is not yet automated. I am actually using the original remote controls to operate my TV and stuff. Unbeliavable, I know. But now I'm up to face the most difficult challenge in my life: building a home atomation system that is fully compatible with my wife and the kids (and fulfills my needs as a freak at the same time). Well, let's see what comes out of it. Maybe I'm going to bild a couple of new scripts that will survive another couple of years. It's good to be back!

cu
            Alex

Comment

New house automated - again...

So, here we go. I've just started to automate my new house (while having the "old" one still available and operational). I've completed most of the wiring and I've mounted most of the modules (LWM1 and AWM2 this time, no DIN Rail modules anymore). If you like, have a look at http://control.doesntexist.com. But be prepared: The new house is a permanent constrution site (as every automated house...).

BTW: I'm working on new WAP scripts as my old ones don't work with Win2003 and IIS6 (bloody DCOM permissions) and WAPSeer doesn't work correctly with my phone. Maybe the result will be useful for you guys, too...

And another BTW: has anyone of you experiences with the ADI Leopard 2 as a stand-alone controller (without connection to HS)? I am especially interested in wife-compatibility...

cu
              Alex

Comment

Hunter Green here (have to figure out how to get the board to show that).

I probably will be back in a few months. The house of my dreams is being built at long last and the move-in date is November 23rd. We'll be going in with Z-Wave in almost all the wall switches, and trying to avoid X-10 entirely. I might put in my RCS thermostat, but by the time I have free time for that -- building a house, moving, and everything else in my life being what they are -- who knows? Anyway, once I'm settled in it'll be time to start automating again after a long time away, and then I'll be around more.
                Last edited by Hunter Green; November 10, 2004, 11:01 AM. Reason: add note about board using wrong name
                News, support, and updates for Rover, Network Monitor, TimeIcons, and more

Comment

Working...
                X