Communicating between Homeseer and Vista 20P alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vista-ICM may bring new HS / 20P interface possibilities

Somewhat unrelated, but I saw the reference to the vista 20P and thought some may be interested.

Honeywell (Ademco) is releasing a device in the next few months that may allow more access to the vista security systems. It's called the VISTA-ICM and is intended as a web-based control equivalent to the wall-mounted keypad. It actually connects to the security system using the identical method used for a keypad. It's java based (I think) and enables a vista panel to be controlled from a browser, so maybe there's an opportunity for a plug-in. It is able to send emails based on certain conditions so if JAVA doesn't open the door at least there would be an alternat to X-10 to notify HS of things.

I'm using a vista 20p to signal homeseer without issue. At least without any issue that I feel is due to the security system. It is prone to the standard x-10 limitations. One tip I will offer is to get a copy of the vista navigator software, or the compass downloader software. Either makes the output setup much easier than doing it via the numeric keypad on the system. Navigator is cleaner for end users.

David

Comment

...I'm using the 1361 transformer.

David

Comment

Originally posted by DavidG View Post
        ...I'm using the 1361 transformer.

David
        Thanks, David, for both posts. This is really helpful. I will look into Navigator.
        Larry

Comment

Hello!
          I also have a Vista 20P and used the 4300 transformer with the x10 interface for the output. Right now homeseer knows the status of the alarm (away,stay,off,alarm), plus it turns on all the lights and sends an email in case of alarm. The cons are there is a slight time between an alarm and the lights on, plus only limited to only one house code. So I use a house code only to send signals to homeseer and homeseer do the macros, which creates even more delays. If the alarm is activated it will take like five seconds to turn the lights on. If you want bidirectional communication it would be easier to use zones as input(if you have them available). In my case I did not wanted that because that could be a weaklink in a security system.

Comment

Originally posted by starpr View Post
            Hello!
            I also have a Vista 20P and used the 4300 transformer with the x10 interface for the output. Right now homeseer knows the status of the alarm (away,stay,off,alarm), plus it turns on all the lights and sends an email in case of alarm. The cons are there is a slight time between an alarm and the lights on, plus only limited to only one house code. So I use a house code only to send signals to homeseer and homeseer do the macros, which creates even more delays. If the alarm is activated it will take like five seconds to turn the lights on. If you want bidirectional communication it would be easier to use zones as input(if you have them available). In my case I did not wanted that because that could be a weaklink in a security system.
            Very helpful. Thanks, starpr.

Comment

Another possible option is take the in-direct route. If you have you alarm monitored by a company like NextAlarm, they can send you e-mails in response to many alarm conditions, even arming or disarming. It may be worth the $12/month that it costs to monitor an alarm. (Your insurance company will give you a discount that reduces the cost.)

Comment

That's right. In my case the insurance company's credit is within $20 of the cost of the monitoring...so it's a no-brainer.
                I have not looked into email notification by the monitoring company, but that might be a good option if only as a back-up. Thanks.

Comment

Support for Vista Security Panels with the Vista ICM

Hi all,

Check out this thread: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=125298

I've put together a plug-in for HomeSeer that will support the full line of Vista Security Panels when using the Vista ICM that Honeywell came out with last year. The plug-in is in alpha stage right now, but I'm open to have people play around with it.

Regards,
                  Chris

Comment

a new option for connecting a vista panel to hs

I wanted to let you know about a new option for connecting the vista panel to homeseer which gives you full control over the panel and status of all zones.

nutech.com has developed a hardware interface callled the AD2USB (this device acts like a virtual keypad). And I have developed a hs plugin for the device called the ademco Vista Alarm plugin which monitors all your zones and allows you to arm, disarm, etc the panel from hs.

checkout the new forum on this topic

http://forums.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=992

Thanks
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
                    X