Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardwiring "wireless" X10 Cameras?

Hey guys,

I have 3 of the "InstantOn" x10 cameras around the house. To be honest they've just been sitting there doing nothing because the 802.11g interference and distance result in a pretty crappy signal from all of them. However, I was just thinking - there's probably a way to get composite video out of them, right? I'm guessing at some point the board inside of the camera is outputting composite to the wireless transmitter, I just need to grab it and run a wire back to the TVs. Has anyone done this before? Just figured I'd try and get some idea before I go prodding around.

Thanks!

Dan

Dan, Im pretty sure there was a website about that showed you how to do that, I cannot find it now though, might have shut down.

If however you DO manage to get them wired please post some instructions / pictures please for those ithers that may want to do it too.

Cheers, TrOjAn

Comment

I seem to remember that too...can't find the link either. I'll keep looking, otherwise I'll try on my own...

Comment

Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.geocities.com/ido_bartana..._the_xcam2.htm

It should give you sufficient information about the connections to use the audio/video directly wired to an input card.

Comment

Originally posted by Microchip View Post
          Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.geocities.com/ido_bartana..._the_xcam2.htm

It should give you sufficient information about the connections to use the audio/video directly wired to an input card.

Thats the kiddy, thanks for posting that link again.. I lost it.

Cheers, TrOjAn

Comment

Awesome, thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X