Log File

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Log File

Can anyone tell me where HomeSeer logs events?

It was logging to the ah.txt file.

Thanks

It logs to a file called ah.log in the HS directory. Make sure it turned on in the View > Options general tab.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rupp, it did that for a while and has stopped.

Emptying the file and deleting the file has had no effect

Comment

Also make sure the Event Attribute "do not log this event" isn't checked under Event Properties.

Comment

kathekas ,
          Make sure the file is not read only. Also stop and restart HS and see if any errors get logged.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Does the "ah' in ah.log stand for active home?

GLT

Comment

No, AutoHome, the original name of the product eons ago.

In HS 2 we finally corrected this. We log to HomeSeer.log, but provide an option to switch it to ah.log for backward compatability.
              Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rick Tinker (HomeSeer Tech):
                No, AutoHome, the original name of the product eons ago.

In HS 2 we finally corrected this. We log to HomeSeer.log, but provide an option to switch it to ah.log for backward compatability. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Change is a good thing, but name ah.log was
                one of those little details that make up the history of this fine product. It was about the only link left to those very early days. I doubt that Rich has fond memories of, if I remember correctly, questions of name ownership. And I think HomeSeer is a much better name. But I will miss that little reminder of what made home automation a reality for me and a lot of other folks.

bt

Comment

Then override the option for HomeSeer.log and keep it ah.log!
                  Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Working...
                  X