TI233 Wiring Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TI233 Wiring Help Please

Guys, I just got a TI233 and need some help to confirm that I have wired it correctly please.

I snipped the RJ10 plug off and soldered in a 9 pin serial connector as follows:

Code:
    [B]RJ10                                       DB9[/B]
    Pin 1 (Black) .... GRND ........... Pin 5 - GRND
    Pin 2 (Red) ...... Not Used
    Pin 3 (Green) ... Rx ................ Pin 3 - Tx, PC Out
    Pin 4 (Yellow) .. Tx ................. Pin 2 - Rx, PC In

Also DB9 pins 7 (RTS, PC Out) and 8 (CTS, PC In) wired together and pin 4 (DTR, PC Out)
    wired to pin 6 (DSR, PC In) and pin 1 (DCD, PC In).
    I've double and triple checked the wiring, but can't see what I'm doing wrong, if anything.

When I disable the CM11 and enable the TI233, I get an error on initialisation in the HS log:

~!~Error~!~TI103: Unable to communicate with TI103. Check if port defined or cable connected.
    ~!~COM Plugin Error~!~Error initializing X10 Interface: ERROR: Unable to communicate with TI103

but in the Web Setup Interfaces page the plug-in status shows as "interface OK", even though I can't get the interface to do anything (like turn any lights on, etc).

However, when I run a TIxxx test program that I found on the Web, I can send things out the interface and turn lights on and off, but I can't see any X10 activity coming back through the interface.

In short, it seems to transmit, but not receive.

Hmmm, I left it with the test program running a repeated query and kind of forgot about it for a day. Now it is returning a consistent reply, albeit in various combinations of lowercase accented characters (kind of like there is a parity mismatch). It's also clearly seeing X10 activity on the powerline, but the response back is also garbled in the same way.

Double checked baud rate and switches and everything is set for 9600.

Tried it on another PC and that gets no responses when queried. Put it back on the other PC and back to getting the same results described above. Is the ACT TIxx3 a true RS232 interface, with proper RS232 levels?

Comment

Working...
    X